Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MACH I Cooler

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Col_Loki

Yea -10 is pretty nice alright. The newer Mach II is even better, we have a few Vapochill and pommie users knockin around these forums........ they make one hell of a system.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,425 ✭✭✭weemcd

what stops condensation in a very cold setup like that, could the products not get damaged by the low temps?

There is a protective gel that is spread on the motherboard etc to stop the condensation. Its a little on the crazy side but when your talkin such huge overclocks its worth it........ your basicaly getting past the performance of the latest most expensive chip while still using a cheaper version.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 691 ✭✭✭BabyEater

For some reason i thought the MACH I was better nice temps to have tho.
    I am thinking of buiding a sub ambient water chiller system meself . Probably something like this here
    it was getting -10C coolant temps at idle.
    As it is only an extension to me watercooling setup it won't be too bad to build. I would like a Mach II but they are too dear and also using an A/C chiller is too big.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

Originally posted by BabyEater
    For some reason i thought the MACH I was better nice temps to have tho.
    I am thinking of buiding a sub ambient water chiller system meself . Probably something like this here
    it was getting -10C coolant temps at idle.
    As it is only an extension to me watercooling setup it won't be too bad to build. I would like a Mach II but they are too dear and also using an A/C chiller is too big.

FYI: I have a Mach II for sale on the Computers Forsale board..
    At idle the Mach II was getting P4 3800MHz down to -28 at ease.

Ages ago I also modded mini freezer to freeze and pump around 10L in a closed loop to my PC. Had it all insulated and all, but the Mach II was neater and more powerful.

Matt

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 691 ✭✭✭BabyEater

Seen that Matt but i just don't want to spend that much on a cooler. It would be far better than what I am going to build but I like to build things from scratch meself too see how well they work. Is there any reason why you are selling it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

I'm just curious as to the value of these "supercoolers". When i overclock my P4 2.8 I am using air cooling and I normally get to 3.2 before i get errors in Prime95. Heat isn't the limiting factor is it? Other than getting lucky with a good overclockable CPU what is the benefit of having the chip at -10c or whatever?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭neokenzo

Originally posted by quarryman
    I'm just curious as to the value of these "supercoolers". When i overclock my P4 2.8 I am using air cooling and I normally get to 3.2 before i get errors in Prime95. Heat isn't the limiting factor is it? Other than getting lucky with a good overclockable CPU what is the benefit of having the chip at -10c or whatever?

I think when you used these "supercoolers", you can increase the vcore a lot more and this pushing your htt/fsb a lot higher as well. Without it, it would be really hot. So in a way, heat is a factor if you look it that way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

so the errors in prime95 are caused by lack of power (voltage)? i get it now. cheers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭sutty

It will allow you to do volt mods on your system board. TO get even higher system clocks...

But you still will need better cooling on your Chipset and fuping GREAT ram

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭STaN

I've a vapochill PE and it pushes the CPU to -19degrees. It allowed a 3.0Ghz to operate at 3.8Ghz with PC3200 RAM. Any higher than that and the RAM was letting me down.

I now have PC4200 RAM which operates at 500Mhz (or 250Mhz FSB) so a 3.0Ghz board could potentially breach teh 4.0Ghz mark.

so the errors in prime95 are caused by lack of power (voltage)?

The main factors in stability are heat and voltage. Ummm....... rite heres one way to look at it.

The CPU recieves signals, and computes values (internal signals), sends out signals. The stronger the signal the more stable the CPU is due to no mistakes. Increasing the Voltage increases the power (or magnitude) of the signal so it is more lightly to get through correctly. Heat causes distortion (transistors expanding etc) and can cause mistakes in calculation etc to occur. The cooler the chip the less voltage required to push the signal through, the higher the CPU speed can go ........

(Ack its an explanation that will give you a general idea - mightent be the most accurate i nthe world but easy to understand)

The cooler the chip the more speed it can get to with the same voltage...........

Advertisement