Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

smackdown from bad to worse (partial spoiler)

• 05-05-2004 6:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭

last week Chavo Gurearo challenged any cruiserweight from around the word to face him the following week on SD! At the smackdown tapings last night he faced Jaqueline not only that she won the cruiser weight tital.
    I thought Smackdown was a bad as people were making out but now its worse. I like i sugested on another board we should purpusly not watch smackdown this week

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,973 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

yeah its a sorry state of affairs, the only thing left for them to do now is to give rico the wwe championship and make miss jackie the smackdown general manager, i wouldnt put it past wwe at this stage, anyhow i dont give a crap about smackdown anymore either (for the time being), turned it off half way thru last week and i wont be watching it this weekend either. Thankgod for RAW.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭burningspirit

Yeah... and I was hoping that Jushin Liger would show up and shotei his head into the 6th row :(

Going by the spoilers I read not one good thing happens on smackdown this week

or velocity.... which used to rule

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭largerthanlife

Smackdown is abosulte rubbish these days. Raw is winning hands down, I think Raw vs Smackdown would be excellent. But not making the same mistakes as they did to wwe vs alliance. turn raw into nitro,eric bischoff in charge and sign a few new wrestlers to smackdown!!!eg.re-sign goldberg and add foley. If this does not work i dont know what will. CRAZY IDEA!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Hanza

RAW may have the makings of Nitro, ie: Bishoff, Steiner, Goldberg(kinda) and all the fire effects and the like. But Smackdown is run like a drunken Vince Russo is in charge booking matches and creating storylines as the Intro pyro is exploding.

The jackie thing is very stupid. Female wrestlers holding guys titles is a no go area. Plus, WWE saying they want to restore a bit of prestiege to the cruiserweight title, well... this is a stupid way of going about it.

Granted, Jackie is an amazing female star, and her techical skill for a woman is quite impressive, but stick her on RAW and give her a rivalry with Victoria.

All Smackdown needs to do is, after JUdgement day is over, and all their mistakes have run their course, all they need to do is sit down, look at things, make some firings, and get a few intermixing rivalrys (like RAW: Benoit V HHH V Michales mixed with Flair and Batista V Benoit and Edge). That leaves the writers with so many ideas.

Hanza

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 424 ✭✭a-hole

china wasnt a very good wrestler but she went on to superstardem after winning the ic belt, maby jaquiline can do the same with the cw belt, also this will rase the casual viewer like the billy and chuck wedding it may be bad for the bisness but good for rateings

• Advertisement

Originally posted by a-hole
    china wasnt a very good wrestler but she went on to superstardem after winning the ic belt,
    The Chyna thing was differnet, they wanted to make her a serious wrestler, Jackie will disaper again for about 2 years. I thought the female refree was a good idea. Why shouldnt the chicks division have a female refree?
    Originally posted by a-hole it may be bad for the bisness but good for rateings
    I really doubt that, who would tune in to see a woman holding a belt that has lost all credibility?

Hanza

feminists

:D

Hanza

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Glowingmind

Apparantly what happened was a last minute change, originally the plan was for matt capotelli(the guy off tough enough 3) to come in, but he got a concussion wrestling bob holly at a house show(there's a shock). So they changed to it jackie, alos she's one of the weakest females in the wwe from a wrestling standpoint.

Originally posted by Glowingmind
    alos she's one of the weakest females in the wwe from a wrestling standpoint.
    Yeah :rolleyes: Thats why shes a 3rd degree balck belt in Judo and Tae Kwon Doo.

Hanza

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Glowingmind

Originally posted by Hanza
    Yeah :rolleyes: Thats why shes a 3rd degree balck belt in Judo and Tae Kwon Doo.

Hanza

sorry i made a mistake, i thought it was miss jackie who won the belt, not jaqueline

Easy mistake...

Hanza

watched the show saturday and the croude reaction was good but jackie didnt look all that strong, chavo was selling ok but jackie didnt get many offencive moves in

I can smell a rematch at Judgement day. That should be crap.

However a ladder match would be may muchos entertaining. However, no way would WWE alow a woman to be in a ladder match with a guy! Im still waiting for Lita to do her ladder match with Trish. They planned it before Lita injury, but miss Amy Dumas is a bit anxious about it now.

Hanza

she wont do squat since she got injured (couldnt blame her) she should specilise more as a manager for v1

Just read in this weeks RAW (and it wasnt one of those typically bad interviews that she probally wasnt even involved in) that Amy Dumas is sheduled for a womans title run as soon as this angle with Kane and Matt runs its course.

This may be considered a
    Matt and Kane are rumoured to have a match at Badd Blood. Aparently Lita is also gonna take the title off Gail Kim at the same event, and a half-work, half-shoot engagemnet angle is gonna be run.

Hanza

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 Edgedogg

Thats just like the WWE with the whole cruiserweight thing. All they really care about is the big guys and Triple H. They dont care what they do to the history of the Crusierweight Title. No disrespect to Jacky but she shouldnt be the champ of anything. She gets no TV time and just because Steph thought it was a good idea she got the belt. I mean when you look at raw, they have Hurricane, Matt Hardy, Tajiri, all great cruiserweights who should be going for the title. Then you have great superstars like Ultimo and Paul London who they just refuse to use.

Advertisement