Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

The Dodge Charger

Options
  • 05-05-2004 6:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭

Today i was doing some deliveries around hte terenure area and as i was pulling out from Eddie Rockets low and behold there is a black BEAST Sitting at the traffic lights at rathdown motors.

I instantly pulled up the handbrake as i was about to pull away from a delivery. I was a little confused as to what it was... At first i thought 'Charger'.. but then i said 'nah couldnt be' then written on the back in pure american elegance was 'Charger'.

She was a monster. i honestly cannot tell you how long it was, but trust me, its not far off a limo!!

I beeped the bloke driving it, and as he looked at me with his 'you know it baby' grin i put my hand to my ear and he revved that thing like noones business!

Man, what i would do to even sit in that car.

The dodge charger can be tuned close to 1000 BHP afaik. That v8 just sounded so MEAN and grizzely. I actually came when i heard it.

Noone else spotted that in the terenure and harrolds cross area?

More or less, anything with a cock between its legs was lookin at it as it went by..

mmmmmmm charger

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭red_ice

*Whimper*

charger.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Tommy Vercetti

that's a mean red x there:p

meh I hate American cars

• Registered Users Posts: 8,387 ✭✭✭BrianD3

Ah yes - Dodge Charger, one of my favourite cars ever. As you say, any red-blooded male *has* to be into a car like that :)

I only know of 1 Dodge Charger in Ireland - it's a dark green 68. It looks black unless you examine it very closely so maybe that's the same one you saw. Yes it's a very big car - about the same length as the old model long wheelbase Merc S-Class.

They're not even that expensive to buy, as I have priced them before. In the UK they seem to go for around 7-15k UKP. You wouldn't get the 426 Hemi engined car for that money because they're rare and very sought after, however you would get a car with the 440 cubic inch engine. 440 cubic inches = 7.2 litres :)

You can see lots of American cars at Joe Keenans American Car Show. It's on in Kilbeggan usually in early September every year. Hope it's on again this year as I plan to go. Was at it last year and the 68 charger was at it and had a 70 Challenger R/T to keep it company.

BrianD3

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭sentenel

Hi Red ice
    Was this the car
    Charger_in_Arklow_1.jpg
    Its owned by a guy called Paul Sharkey Its a 68 Dodge charger and she is beautiful.
    Our show is on Sunday Sept 12th in Kilbeggan this year Check out our website .We had over 270 American Cars Trucks and bikes all are welcome
    joe

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Lovely car, although a bit Cortina around the door / rear quarter there. Not that there's anything wrong with Cortinas...

Love the Mercury. That car is crying out for Ray & Vern.

adam

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭red_ice

that and the challenger... mmmmmm camero 69.. say no more..

Advertisement