Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Manual Line activation in Glasnevin??

• 05-05-2004 7:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭

Got this Email today in response to one I sent to Digiweb about my DSL activation:

Hi Andrew,

Your line is defiantly suitable. For some exchanges the engineer has to manually enable the line and this can take a bit longer.

If your line isn’t activated by tomorrow (10th day) I will contact support to speed thing up.

Best Wishes,

Deborah

I hope my line doesn't need manual activation - it's hard enough to get Eircom to push a few buttons never mind get up of their ar**s and actually do something. Anyone know how long it could take if it has to be manually activated?

I'm living in Glasnevin off the Ballygal Road East - anyone else got DSL in the area - did your line have to be manually activated?

In fairness to Digiweb their communication is excellent - Emails replied to within the hour.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 413 ✭✭Skittle

Hi digitaldr
    I'm very close to you (Cedarwood area, north of Ballygall Rd East). I have Eircom Broadband. I think when they mean manual activation then mean that an Engineer has to come out to the exchange and switch over your phone connector from one port (non-digital) to another port (digital, capable of DSL). In fairness nearly every line is like this. I think what they might mean by non-manual switch over, is that once the line has been switched over to a digital line it can be programatically switch between DSL providers, although I'm not sure if Eircom have gotten that far yet, Comreg were trying to force them to implement this functionality.

Hope this helps...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭digitaldr

Thanks for that skittle - got this from Digiweb toady

Again I’d like to apologise for the delay.

I have been informed that there is some work going on at the Whitehall exchange and there is a delay on all DSL orders.

Eircom have engineers working on the exchange and I can’t DSL enable your line until they have finished.

I’ll keep you informed and I’ll issue your modem as soon as they have finished.

Best Wishes,

Deborah

I guess this only affects people waiting for DSL as presumably your connection is ok. Tried to get some info from Eircom about when repairs would be finished but I gave up after being bounced around various departments.

Advertisement