Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Metallica Game

Options
  • 05-05-2004 7:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 427 ✭✭

from metallicavault.com

The Metallica Game will be a landmark, high-action vehicle combat game. Players will find themselves in the treacherous, brutal wastelands of a post-catastrophic USA, in a high-speed battle for their very survival.

Imagine an epic story, packed with fully customized vehicles and weaponry, endless terrain, desperate and murderous opponents and TONS of action--all backed by kick-ass music, inspiration, video and other exclusive content from the band!

Sit tight, more to come...

coming 2005 apparantly.

d/l'ed the trailer...looks woeful :(
    why why why do metallica continue to disappoint ?
    altho the vault has some cool **** in it

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭quank

So the only relation between the band and the game is the music... and the name?

Oh Lars... :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

TBH, KISS and Iron Maiden have both had computer games made. That said, I'm not looking for to this one.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

i don't think we should keep blaming just lars for all this, it's time people accepted that lars is not a bad apple ruining an otherwise good bunch.... they're all devils

• Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭Fuhrio

Up until saint anger i wouldve disagreed with that statement....................a game sounds just too cheesy in my opinion, it brings selling out to a new level.

Define "selling out" for me, would ya?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Going against your principles for the sake of money.

Maybe they just never had any principles to begin with, or maybe theirs are different to their fans.

Originally posted by Fozzy
    maybe theirs are different to their fans.

Ever see Metallica: Behind The Music? Perhaps you should watch it first.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

So? They're liars. Plenty of bands have lied, I don't care, if the game looks crap, i won't buy it. If their next album looks good, I will buy it. The lies won't influence my decision.

Tbh, I couldn't be bothered getting into an argument about Metallica right now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Originally posted by feylya

well for me its when music is no longer the no.1 priority for a band

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭Souless

Heh ya never know could be a good game lol will probbaly be crap. I ment to play the game Ed Hunter never got round to it thoug was it any good ? (plus ed hunter came with an album of maiden songs with it as well :))

if its as good as the game about kiss we are in for a real treat!!!

ed hunter came with a top 20 'best of maiden' double cd.. voted by fans on their website.. it was a cool cd, and a decent enough game. even if I only played it a few times, not my kinda game.

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭Souless

cool id almost buy it for the cd ;)

carmgedon 2 came with iron maiden also

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭Devious

Doom featured Metallica tracks didnt it? Master of Puppets i think, what other ones?

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

TBH, KISS and Iron Maiden have both had computer games made.
    That just says it all doesn't it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭begbie

well, for me "selling out" is a band changing their sound for commerical gain's. Take Offspring for example. Their sound and image completely changed for "americana".

*shrug*

perhaps they simply changed as people and their art is reflecting this?

myself i'm not sure if metallica sold out, but I do think they've lost whatever it was that made them special. now they're just a couple of old men playing to a 14 year old audience.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

I probably would've agreed with you until I thought it was a decent idea to pick up that "Cunning Stunts" dvd cheap. I checked the set list, maybe 50% of the songs were from the good times, so I figured "Fook it, why not?"

It's incredible to see the band that wrote Master Of Puppets play their own songs so very suckily. All the stage craft and audience interaction was so forced, the banter so very very rehearsed. It was more like a fooking WWE show than the former greatest Metal band of my generation. Painful to watch. They suck. They make their own classic songs sound like commercial warm runny shyt. 3 men just watching the cash roll in and then Newsted who at least was putting a bit of effort into it and redeemed himself by leaving that shytfest and putting out a proper Metal record with Voivod.

"The Unnamed Feeling" cd is no better. They're all old tunes on the cd yet they sound horrible and limp. How can this be? How can a once great band suck the life out of still great songs? Me no understand. This computer game shyt isn't helping either. If that's not a cynical money making exercise I don't know what is.

• Advertisement
Advertisement