Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BSOP: How many finals placings will be counted for the grand final?

Options
  • 05-05-2004 9:29pm
    Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Has it been decided how many final placings you can count towards the Grand Final? You're top 6? 9? All?

Just thought we should clear up as much as possible before we kick off...

DeV.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,586 ✭✭✭gerire

If its run on a points basis say. 5 1st's during year 2 2nd's etc. Will the person leading going into the grand final get say more chips?

Its still a little open ended in relation to some things.

Also I have 3 people who now want in. As Nelson would say, Haa ha

• Registered Users Posts: 2,220 ✭✭✭Davey Devil

I would hope all final placings should count and everyone goes in with even chips. I remember in the first series of Late Night Poker 1st place heat winners went in with double the chips as 2nd place qualifiers. It was crap so they changed for the later series so they all had the same chips.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,663 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

Have you guys even read the rules?!

There will be 9 (nine - one less than ten (10))

All players will have the same amount of chips - 3000.

Hyzepher

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,923 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Why would they read the rules when it's more fun to pester people for answers and argue about things that are already decided.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Hey! I reread the rules right before posting... I dont know what those monkeys are arguing about but it says nothing about how many of the Monthly Finals you can count to get your placing in the Grand Final.

The reason I ask is because when we discuss this before (on the original thread) we talked about not punishing people who cant make the commitment every month to play... ie that if you qualified for the monthly final 9 times you'd only be able to count 6 of them (presumeably your best six) to make it fair on people who could only commit to 6 months (say students who were going away for the summer).

I dunno, personally I'm up for all 9 but I thought it was a loose end that hadnt been tied up.

DeV.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,663 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

All the points won by each player will be added up to give their total - 9 highest totals get to the world series.

If you play more you have a better chance.

Hyzepher

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

okey dokey! Suits me and my addiction... just as long as we're clear on these things before we start!

DeV.

Advertisement