Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Petrol on the way up again?

Options
  • 05-05-2004 10:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭

I have noticed that the petrol at my local statoil has in the last week increased from 92.9 to 93.9 and today to 95.9. This is in Kilkenny.

Anyone else notice this trend?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Yep the dollar/euro rate has slid a bit lately and oil prices are "firm" (as they say in the markets!). I know one place selling unleaded at 99.9! But I know another selling for 89.5 so you payes your money and takes your choice.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭aodh_rua

Yeah - noticed the same thing happened Thursday or Friday last week. The Shell garage on the canal near Harolds Cross upped theirs to 90.9 (was 87.9 about six weeks ago).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭PBC_1966

At least it's still (just) cheaper in Ireland than here in England. My local station is 79.9p for unleaded, 1.18 euro at the current exchange rate. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Wrestlemania

Saw a petrol station this morning in Dundalk 1.01 Euro

F*ck me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Another oil crisis looms:(

Are we headed back to the 70's here with people queuing for miles to buy a gallon of petrol?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Petrol gone up to 97c in Kilkenny now :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,901 ✭✭✭Vexorg

What about starting a "best price" for Petrol and Diesel thread can be stickied and redone every day, couple of days or weekly as the case may be.

It would certainly be a thread I would look into on a regular basis:)

Vex.

Go here

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

93.9 is the cheapest I've seen in the last day or two. Gonna go fill up my tank this evening before they bring it up. Everywhere else is 96/97.9

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭ando

Originally posted by Bond-007
    Another oil crisis looms:(

Are we headed back to the 70's here with people queuing for miles to buy a gallon of petrol?

before my time I'm afraid, but it doesnt sound nice :(

What the feck, a few weeks ago diesel was going for 69cents, now in finglas its 81.9 :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

Yes it's odd that the oil companies have said that they have to pass on the price hikes to consumers as prices didn't fall dramatically when the euro was worth $1.29c. Still that's always the way.
    I saw one near the red cow for 98.9 and that was the most expensive I had seen.
    Don't give them your money, look on irishfuelprices for the cheapest in your area.

Will check the fuel prices on the way home tonight, I can pass several stations and check, be curious to see how accurate the pricing on the site is.....

Vex

• Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭[P]*Deus_Alpha

Pissed off to see 99.9 per litre up in my area (laragh, Co.Wicklow)

Pricing as of Friday evening... listening to the news and reading the papers suggest that these prices have probably all gone up by now.... :(
    Station / Petrol / Diesel
    Old Airport Road
    Statoil 97.5 88.5
    Esso 103.8 93.9
    Texaco 98.8 89.9

Omni Centre Santry
    Statoil 97.9 89.9
    Maxol 97.9 89.9

Glasnevin Ave.
    Shell 93.9 83.9

By Tin Church ( Dont know name of Road)
    Texaco 93.9 84.9

Finglas
    Tesco 92.9 80.9

Opp Glasnevin Cemetery
    Esso 93.9 83.9
    Shell 93.9 83.9

Ballymun Road
    Esso 94.5 83.9

Donnybrook up opposite leinsters grounds 99.9 Cent per Litre of Petrol

My God that is madness....

And there is no price control.

Up near Johnnie Foxes, 91.9 and that is in the mountains...

How much tax and profit are actually made from a litre of petrol??????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Time for price controls to be brought in i thinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭halkar

Saw a Maxol station with 1.03 on display over the weekend :eek:
    Lucky to be on diesel 83.9 :p

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Doesn't bother me too much, as a full tank for me is only 11.5 litres.

Apparently there were hour long queues for Tesco in Finglas over the weekend...

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭BANZAI_RUNNER

ok heres someting to think about. I used to work part time in a petrol station , and if the price went up for brent crude , the price at the pumps stayed the same until the next delivery, which in theory was bought in at a dearer price so here it is. your local station takes delivery of 100,000 litres on monday and the price is 93.9 per litre , how can they justify increasing the price by 1 cent each day when they originally bought it in for 93.9. I think this may be a question for the consumer price index. I would appreciate it if anyone had any ideas about this.

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭K2

I've already posted this in rip off ireland so apologies if you've already read it:

Over the coming weeks you will all have politicans calling to your house looking for your vote. The biggest part of the price of petrol goes to the taxman, so take this opportunity to nail them over it. If they reduced the tax on fuel and brought in a price control to ensure it is passed onto the consumer we would be happier. Of course the gits will have to put something else up to make up for the shortfall in revenues, and seeing how the drink and fags have been taxed to the hilt maybe they should take that other essential commidity, Condoms and the pill:D

• Advertisement

Put it on Johnnies then anyone here have a problem paying 30 quid for a fleixable friend wheeeeeey:D

Originally posted by seamus
    Doesn't bother me too much, as a full tank for me is only 11.5 litres.

Apparently there were hour long queues for Tesco in Finglas over the weekend...

Lucky Fecker :cool:

Originally posted by Wrestlemania
    How much tax and profit are actually made from a litre of petrol??????

Tax is about 65% I'd guess that 10 cent is sellers margin

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭ando

could'nt believe it, I went to my local garage this afternoon and when the digital display reset... it said 97.7 ..... FFS

• Registered Users Posts: 78,392 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Originally posted by mike65
    Tax is about 65% I'd guess that 10 cent is sellers margin
    Conversation with a garage owner about 4 years ago indicated 3-4% on fuel (it would be a lot higher on shop items).

Advertisement