Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Far Side

Options
  • 06-05-2004 6:09am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭

I've been wanting to start a thread on this comic classic for ages, and since i'm back after my hiatus, and there's already a Calvin and Hobbes thread, here I go:

Please, post your favourite Far Side comics. I say comics, rather than comic, because I know, same as me, no one has an absolute favourite, there's just to many. Just describe the one you have in mind, and if you can scan one, or post links/images all the better. I'll start:

A prehistoric plain with a saucer shaped vehicle sitting in the middle of it with the words "Time Machine" written on the side, and a man walking away from it with a canister labelled "Gas" in his hands :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

heehee...one of my favourites is the one where a man and a woman are in a car.the woman is looking back and sees a taxi.in the passenger seat theres a dog...and the woman says to her husband
    "Blast it Henry.I think the dog is following us"..........CLASS......
    as you can tell from my avatar...im a HUGE far side fan...only prob is i cant find book 1 of the far side gallery....oh well...

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,705 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

Dogs wearing white science-coats, studying the "Door Knob principle".

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,265 CMod ✭✭✭✭MiCr0

penguin walking across an icey landscape devoid of colour, slips on a a yellow banana skin

brilliant

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

People in white coats beside a wobbly, hung-together rocket and the caption:

"We may as well face it, we're not exactly rocket scientists."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 413 ✭✭spooydermot

the one that has the caption:
    "nataiadaiaphobia, The fear that somewhere a Duck is watching you"

the 'trouble brewing' ones are pretty cool as well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭BANZAI_RUNNER

The one with the deer talking in the woods during hunting season and one of the has a bullseye type colouring on his fur , and one says to the other..." thats a bummer of a birth mark"...................... class

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭Wacker

Okay, this one is a bot complicated to explain in print, so bear with me!

A picture of what is clearly a (pub?) toilet. There are two closed stalls, but you can see the feet of the people inside. One is a regular looking pair of feet. The other is clearly a Mummy (does that deserve a capitol letter?). The caption says something like: It was an innocent mistake, but Hal was soon to find himself on the receiving end of the Mummy's full wrath."

Class.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

Aw man cheers for startin this thread, I always loved The Far Side!
    Anyway, here goes...

A Detective and a Cop are checkin out a murder scene, and the detective says:
    "Look here, McGinnis - hundreds of bright copper kettles, warm woolen mittens, brown paper packages tied up with string... I'd say Someone was after a few of this guy's favourite things." :D:D:D

Advertisement