Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Orbital for Oxegen

• 06-05-2004 9:58am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭

Orbital have been confirmed for Oxegen, this will probably be their last ever Irish date since they have announced Blue room out later this month will be their last album and they also announced two shows for the Uk Brixton and Glastonbury as being their last ever English dates.

Oxegen has just become a must!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

i had all intentions of skipping oxegen:(
    would be nice to see them at glastonbury... i guess this is the next best thing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

feck - i'd already booked tickets for the Brixton Academy gig thinking they wouldn't get over here....

date info from www.oxegen.ie
    ORBITAL will perform their last ever Irish show at OXEGEN this year. Their live performance coincides with the release of their seventh and last ever lp "Blue Album". Orbital with brothers Paul and Phil Hartnoll have been together for 15 years and will make their landmark last ever Irish performance at OXEGEN on Saturday 10th July. Fans can expect a party set which will include the best of Orbital. "I think if we’re gonna do a last gig we should do distilled set of all the best stuff we’ve done. And that’s what we’re gonna do, play all the stuff that’s stuck around for all this time because they are the favourite ones. This will definitely be our last ever live shows," confirmed Paul.

BrianG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

i'm actually worried about how good this is gonna be. i might crap myself or something. i dont think i can take the chem bros basement jaxx and orbital so close together.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭empirix

Doh - it looks like the Chemical Brothers and Orbital are playing at the same time

what isiot would make the line up like that? i also heard chem bros and massive attack are playing at the same time

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭Lisa_Lavish

they always clash the gud acts...so annoying

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

chems and orbital at the same time

massive attack on earlier on in the evening

im delighted orbital and the chems clash, means the only people at orbital will be the people who REALLY wanna see them, therefore infinitely better atmosphere, even if theres less people

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭froggie_1

ha fcek the fcekin chems, sure weve all seen em loada times between witness and creamfields...this is gonna be off the scale-unreal....one to remember....BRING IT ON...gonna go bananas...thats made me just get me ticket today! i can just feel the atmosphere already....every1 gone nuts....

i sincerely doubt they'll clash, i reckon chems will be on earlier. the thing everyone is basing this on is just a general lay out, not a timetable. it looked like loadsa **** would clash last year but when the times came out everything seemed ok. except royksopp and underworld. you cunz!!!!! still went to underworld though

eh

they ARE clashing

thats why i posted that they ARE clashing

do you think im making this up for the craic or something chief?

theyre on at the same time, FACT

• Advertisement

dont be so fcuking hostile man. THERE ARE NO TIMES POSTED ANYWHERE YET

Main Stage

The Cure
    The Strokes
    Kings Of Leon
    PJ harvey
    Divine Comedy
    Franz Ferdinand
    Scissor Sisters
    Goldie Looking Chain
    HAL

The Ticket Stage

Massive Attack
    N.E.R.D.
    Paddy Casey
    Snow Patrol
    The Rapture
    Future Kings Of Spain
    Stellastarr
    The Chalets
    Eastern Lane

Green Room

Orbital
    Simple Kid
    Elbow
    The Radiators
    Electric Six
    Cathy Davey

Spirit Dance Arena

Chemical Brothers
    Darren Emerson
    Complete Stone Roses

New Band Stage

Halite
    The Dead 60's
    Sons & Daughters

Unassigned

The Killers
    Delays

Main Stage

David Bowie
    The Darkness
    Ash
    Faithless
    Pink
    Black Eyed Peas
    Hothouse Flowers
    The Zutons

The Ticket Stage

Muse
    The Libertines
    Wu Tang Clan
    Keane
    Michael Franti
    Turn
    Reamonn
    Saville

Green Room

Ocean Colour Scene
    Jimmy Cliff
    Wilco
    Alphastates

Spirit Dance Arena

Basement Jaxx
    Felix Da Housecat
    Joyzipper
    Cartoon

New Band Stage

Ricky Warwick
    Mohair
    Republic Of Loose
    Dogs Die In Hot Cars

Unassigned

Tim Deluxe (live)
    The Shins

To Be Scheduled

look here i have posted up the line up for both days. the words to be scheduled mean just that. the fact that there are only 3 acts playing in the dance tent is very encouraging, 3 acts cant last for 12 hours. so where did you get your facts from? i'm not saying they wont clash, i'm just saying that there's more evidence to suggest they wont than will. people should really stop scare mongering

Originally posted by griffdaddy
    look here i have posted up the line up for both days. the words to be scheduled mean just that. the fact that there are only 3 acts playing in the dance tent is very encouraging, 3 acts cant last for 12 hours. so where did you get your facts from? i'm not saying they wont clash, i'm just saying that there's more evidence to suggest they wont than will. people should really stop scare mongering

orbital are on last in the green room on the saturday

chems are on last on the dance stage on the saturday

work it out

dont be so fcuking hostile man. THERE ARE NO TIMES POSTED ANYWHERE YET

believe me or dont believe me

fact is that on saturday 10th july youll have to make a choice between orbital and the chemical brothers, coz theyve both signed headliner deals

yeah but one is the last of 3, the other is the last of 6. 6 bands take more time than 3. because a band agrees to headline a stage doesnt mean they agree to supercede every other headliner. why do you think it says yet to be scheduled? how do you know this?

yeah but one is the last of 3, the other is the last of 6. 6 bands take more time than 3. because a band agrees to headline a stage doesnt mean they agree to supercede every other headliner. why do you think it says yet to be scheduled? how do you know this?

are you somehow suggesting im making this up for the craic or something?

believe me or stop quoting me

either way, please fùck off belittling what im saying, coz i know for a fact that im right, and youre just being a presumptious little toerag

the dance arena lineup hasnt been finalised yet, and wnot be for quite some time, THATS why theres only 3 there, the chems arent gonna be on in the middle of the evening, and theres not gonna be anyone who could play there bigger than them, PLUS theyve signed a headliners deal, meaning they HAVE to be on last

its that so hard to understand

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

I Have to say, Helix you are one of the most arrogant posters I have ever had the misfortune to come across on Boards!!! Lighten FFS!!

B.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Originally posted by BaZmO*
    I Have to say, Helix you are one of the most arrogant posters I have ever had the misfortune to come across on Boards!!! Lighten FFS!!

B.
    he grows on you after a while... like a fungus

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭froggie_1

i have to agree with baz....all this agro for nothin....if ur gonna start an argument i can think of more important things to fight about....chill the beans....

Originally posted by BaZmO*

B.

these are the joys of overdoing it at a rave at the weekend, agro comes with the territory for the next few days

Originally posted by Helix
    these are the joys of overdoing it at a rave at the weekend, agro comes with the territory for the next few days

;) Fair enough! I understand that feeling oh too well!!!:dunno:

B.

i'm not belittling everything your saying man, i'm just asking you how you know this, at the moment it just looks like you're being presumptious. and i'm not a toerag, far from it. either way i think if a choice has to be made we'll both be at orbital. agreed?

Originally posted by Helix

It wasn't the Creation one by any chance??

B.

aye twas creation

i won the mantle of messed up person at it

which is quite an acchievement in itself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

And the award of best "yer man who was rolling around in the sand all morning" goes to...

why thank you

i trained hard and feel i deserve this accolade

Advertisement