Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WH40K: Dawn of War (PC Game)

Options
  • 06-05-2004 11:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭

Battle_03.jpg

Assault!.jpg

Spooooooooooooooooooge

One gripe though.
    Where are the Eldar, Imperial Guard and Tau?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭Karma

OH thats pretty.
    off to check it out.
    Cheers for that.
    DotC

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Quite a few people looking forward to this over on the Games Workshop forum, graphically its definately stunning, hopefully it plays as good as it looks.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

It should be good, Relic are quality, will really contrast the sub-standard hack-work of SSI's hex turn-based crap.
    GamesRadar.com
    Now, you'd expect Games Workshop to guard their intellectual property jealously, and have a firm say in the direction of the game. As it transpires, Relic have been given the reins to develop Dawn of War as they see fit. "We took our ideas, many based on the tabletop game, to Games Workshop and presented them," explains Jay. "As we were describing what we wanted to do, they stopped us and told us about the origins of 40K. Basically, they said they'd created the tabletop game as a way to play in the universe they'd designed, using the races and technologies they'd dreamt up. So rather than working within the constraints and rules of the tabletop game, they said to us 'go create a game based in that universe, not directly on the game'. This has given us a lot of creative freedom, and has allowed us to do some really interesting things."

That is the way it should have been done from the start.
    Table-top warfare is one medium, it doesn't translate particularly well into a PC game - strategy or otherwise.

/me just hopes it's nothing like Firewarrior >shudder<

Anyone know which races will be playable?
    It's looking like they took the artwork from the 2nd edition game and based the armies around that....
    If they only have Orks and Marines to start with, but release campaigns and units for other races as expansions packs I'd be happy.
    Eldar better come along soon though, I want to put the grav tanks and warp spiders to good use

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Squall

Looks pretty good alright.

Whats with the Space Marines and Orks just kinda standing around. The two marines on the right look like theyre having a smoke and a chat :)

Hope they include more than just Ultra-Marines. Space Wolves and Blood Angels would rock.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

As far as I know they are includign a third race, but havent seen any pictures of them yet, possably chaos? Eldar, nid's or Tau would go down very nicely in my books tho, the bugs in that game would look awsome.
    will really contrast the sub-standard hack-work of SSI's hex turn-based crap.
    Dunno about you, but I liked them games, Final Liberation had a really fun skirmish, and Chaos Gate had an excellent campaign to it, sure it didnt look the best (looked utterly poo in fact) but it played well, and I really enjoyed them (pity chaos gate doesnt work on NT, and no cracks or what can make it work).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Squall

(pity chaos gate doesnt work on NT, and no cracks or what can make it work).

I know your pain. I thought that was a great game.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

Hopefully it will be better than that fore strom game, that got a bit samy after 5 mins.
    The screen shot does look great all the same!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭hairyheretic

The main campaign will be marines only.

Multiplayer will feature Marines. Chaos (YAY), Orks, and a 4th race which was recently confirmed as Eldar. One of this months PC gaming mags is to carry screenshots of it.

The colours on the marines will be configurable to some extent, and there'll be the ability to add your own chapter badge as well. How well this will show up on screen, I don't know.

I've got an interview tentatively scheduled with the game designers for a 40k web-zine I'm involved with, so if anyone has questions they'd like asked, post them here, and I'll see what I can do.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Originally posted by hairyheretic
    Multiplayer will feature Marines. Chaos (YAY), Orks, and a 4th race which was recently confirmed as Eldar. One of this months PC gaming mags is to carry screenshots of it.
    :)

I've got an interview tentatively scheduled with the game designers for a 40k web-zine I'm involved with, so if anyone has questions they'd like asked, post them here, and I'll see what I can do.

Will they be releasing an SDK/some sort of editing or modding tools for the commuinity?
    Will there be add-on campaigns produced later for other races?

Advertisement