Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lastmile.ie - opinions please?

• 06-05-2004 11:11am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 164 ✭✭

Hi,

Just wondering is anyone out there using 'lastmilewireless' for their broadband? They are in the midland and as their name suggests - wireless.
    What's the service like, pings, d/l's, distance from basestation etc.

TIA
    Sham

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

dono . but u could be pritty sure for games such as quake cs your ping would be in the 600's

thers a guy on boards who works with them . might be worth a try searching through the midlands board for the thread on bb

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Originally posted by elexes
    dono . but u could be pritty sure for games such as quake cs your ping would be in the 600's

um, WTF?

I think you might be thinking of satellite. Pings from wirless services with a good signal are generally fairly good, assuming their backhaul isn't sh1t.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,957 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Quote from their FAQ-

Q: I have IOL Anytime service and it is cheaper than your service, why should I pay more to get your service ?
    A: I agree that our service does not appear to be as cheap as the IOL Anytime service but to be honest we are not trying to compete with such limited low-grade offerings. We are offering a premium always-on Broadband service which will provide a high quality connection for the serious Internet user for a fixed price.

hehe:)

Advertisement