Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dc++ hub / firewall help

Options
  • 06-05-2004 12:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭

i have norton personal firewall 2002 and it seems to be doing its job too well.

i run a dc++ hub (ptokax) from my computer too (its a backup for another hub) and the dc++ 0,401 running too.

a lot of people are unable to connect to the dc++ hub when i have my firewall running, when i diable it more people tend to join.

the main hub has about 80ish people in it all the time, when it goes down at most 8 of them come to my backup hub. some have told me that they cant get into the hub even when its running. must be the firewalls fault. (i have the hub software set to run as "permit all" in the firewalls settings). (its on port 412 aswell). any help would be appreciated in getting it working better.

dw

Advertisement