Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Good news for TNA, Bad news for stars...

• 06-05-2004 12:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭

TNA's deal with Fox is now solid.

I think this is good news for TNA. Now that they have a stable TV deal with a serious Tv company they will more then likley grow and grow. I can understand that some stars dont want to sign Iron clad contracts, such as AJ Styles who works for ROH on a regular basis and holds their pure wrestling title. But it will be real exposure and this may eventually sky rocket some stars to high levels or even to WWE.

Imagine seeing AJ Styles on Smacdown agenst Rey Mysterio!

Hanza

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭smiaras

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭cruiserweight

Here's to Truner returning to the fold sooner rather than later

Does Turner not have a deal with the WWE where by he can not be involved in a wrestling production until I think it is next year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭Exit

He does indeed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭Johnmb

Originally posted by Exit
    He does indeed.
    Not quite. Turner's deal was with the previous parent company. It runs out shortly, and considering the previous parent company no longer has a wrestling promotion, they are unlikely to be too pushed if Turner were to get involved a little early. It will take him a while to get a TV deal though, as TBS can't show any wrestling until next year IIRC as part of the WWE's purchase of WCW. Turner could look elsewhere for TV exposure, but TBS seems to be the best bet at the moment for maximum coverage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭Exit

Ah, it was the TBS thing that I was getting confused with.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭oneofakind32

just thought of somthing. Skys WWE contract is up at the end of the year and since Rupet Merdock owns both sky and fox and sky and wwe arnt on very good terms at the moment after the ppv thing sky might play hard ball with WWE saying that TNA is there for them if they want it. If they dont come to an agreement where would WWE go whear it could get as much coverage? The UK could be a foot hold for TNA.
    A big if but still somthing to think about

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Hanza

As much as that is a fact, I dont think WWE will be going anywhere. The Uk and Ireland are the second biggest audiences outside North America (incl. Canada) and Ireland has a higher viewership ratio then England.

Even if WWE and Sky are on bad terms, Sky will not for go millions of dollars juat cos their relation ship with Vinny Mac is a bit difficult.

I doubt we will get up to date TNA programming on tarestial TV anytime soon. The wrestling channel is doing a grand job telivising it, shame its 4 months behind tho.

Hanza

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 424 ✭✭a-hole

i taught it was 6 mounts behind, i hear fwa may get a weekly deal with twc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Hanza

They already have a weekly deal.

Do you mean a weekly semi live deal? FWA cant produce a show that often for TV. They are very popular, but to do that, first they would need to sign their stars to contracts. FWA characters work for all star, TNA, ROH among many others. The only reason they would sign a contract is money, and FWA will need to fill bigger arenas. And that cant be done on a weekly basis.

TWC is still gettings its peverbial sh1t together, so give it time, and they will be able to televise shows right after they have just happened.

Hanza

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Bungalow Bill

I just read that TNA will be showing a show at 3pm on fridays on Fox. They are due to make an official announcement later today.

Its a bit of a lousy time to be on IMO, but still good that they got it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭Skud

that will probably mean the slow demise of tna... it on for 6months and they have to sell their own ads, since it on so early they don't get as much money and can only limit hardcore stuff to the ppv (which they'll probably tone down anyways)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭leonotron

TWC are not quite six months behind. The show going out tonight originally aired 19 November in the U.S. It's not because TWC have still to get their **** together, TNA dont want them too close to the U.S. as it's pay per view their and free to air here and they may want to bring it to the U.K. as PPV.
    On two totally seperate notes, TWC are looking for a presenter for a weekly show they will be doing.
    And Jeff Jarrett's entrance promo was shot in the Freight yard in East Wall.
    Originally posted by Hanza
    They already have a weekly deal.

Do you mean a weekly semi live deal? FWA cant produce a show that often for TV. They are very popular, but to do that, first they would need to sign their stars to contracts. FWA characters work for all star, TNA, ROH among many others. The only reason they would sign a contract is money, and FWA will need to fill bigger arenas. And that cant be done on a weekly basis.

TWC is still gettings its peverbial sh1t together, so give it time, and they will be able to televise shows right after they have just happened.

Hanza

Advertisement