Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sky News Watch, Day 1

• 06-05-2004 12:44pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Anyone else notice that sky news presenters are now 'chatting' to each other in a horrible attempt to look casual?? Its quite funny, and they really are terrible at it... heres a dramatised example:

"The final score was 3 - 4"
    "Well thats bad luck for them, who were you up for?"
    "Oh, I thought they'd win, but I guess I was wrong"
    *laugh, laugh, laugh*
    *chuckle, chuckle, chuckle*
    *sudden serious face* "2,000 people died in a huge explosion today..."

NEWS IS NOT SUPPOSED TO BE LIKE THIS!!!
    I demand they change their names to 'Sky Somewhat Newsworthy Stuff Mixed With Brainless Chatter And Plastic Smiles'

</rant>
    *cough* thats better

Flogen

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭dwayneburke

when grainne seioge and lisa burke will be talking,,,,,who cares!!! turn down the volume and watch!!!:D :D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

speaking of their new Irish service, heres a marvelous picture I came across from one of their ads:
    17.jpg

Get out the ould maps there, lads, you're abit off the mark...:rolleyes:
    pure muppetry

Flogen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭alleepally

Originally posted by flogen
    speaking of their new Irish service, heres a marvelous picture I came across from one of their ads:
    17.jpg

pure muppetry

Flogen

Is that for real. please tell me it's a photoshopper job?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Anyone else notice that sky news presenters are now 'chatting' to each other in a horrible attempt to look casual??

What do you mean 'now', did they stop doing it any time in the past few years?
    pure muppetry

Is that the south coast of Ireland? :rolleyes:

well, its seems more forced than ever now, as in after every story, rather than just the light hearted ones

And they have setup conversations that they try to make look natural (whats that? Im glad you asked.... etc etc)

and yes, it is the south east coast of ireland, yes they do think thats where dublin... yes... i know....

Flogen

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭Memnoch

17.jpg

ROFL muppetry TBH

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,924 ✭✭✭Cork

Sky news has already good viewershup figures in Ireland. No longer will people have to wait for News at 9.00pm. It is all about choice.

RTE is a bloated semi state that is over staffed and is in dire need to competition.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭emertoff

I'm not a fan of Sky News but it won't hurt to have another news option and of course there's Grainne as well. It would be great to see them get some politicians in the studio or live on air for a grillling - RTE don't seem interested in that and TV3 News is too tabloid, although their political reporting can be good when they put their minds to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭bbop

Grainne Seoige looks majorly hot on sky

Grainne Seoige looks majorly hot on sky

:rolleyes: obviously very important in news :rolleyes:
    (saying that, if good reporting comes with good looks, I wouldnt complain)

IMO sky news is a bad station, tabloid news, often cringeworthy, and while it is handy for catching events while RTE and the like take their time, given the choice I'd watch another station (I doubt RTE would start a 24 hour station though, there wouldnt be enough support, and they'd probably have to double the licence fee)

Flogen

• Advertisement
Advertisement