Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Summer Festivals

• 06-05-2004 12:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭

Myself and some friends are thinking of going on holiday this year somewhere in Ireland for a few days.
    The reason where staying in Ireland is that we all used to go on the same kinds of summer trips when we were younger (16 and 17) and we always had a brilliant time last year we went on a sun holiday which was excellent but for one reason or another we wont all be able to go on holiday outside of Ireland together this year.
    I was thinking about going to one of the festivals down the country for 4 or maybe 5 days but don’t really know when and where there on and which ones are worth going to and which aren’t.
    Anyone got any suggestions? Anyone been to any of these festivals? As long as there’s a pub well be ok but I’d like to find a place where there’s something going on.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

www.aikenpromotions.ie
    www.mcd.ie

They are two of the main concert promoters in the country.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

The Cat Laughs comedy festival is on here in Kilkenny at the start of june, its always a good one.

http://www.thecatlaughs.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭Lainey

that is a great festival.. get down for one night every year.. good choice;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Doc

Rabies its not really concerts I’m looking for but thanks. It’s more things like The Cats Laughs festival as Stephen suggested, or Irish music festivals or something along that kind of lines.

Stephen what’s Kilkenny like to go out in? Would it be hard to get accommodation during the festival (I’d probably settle for a place to set up a tent if worst comes to worst as I don’t intend to be doing much sleeping.)

Anyone know any good Irish music festivals?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

www.oxegen.ie

Good lineup this year but expensive as always: judge for yourself. Note that it is Ireland's only multi-day, multi-stage music festival.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

Jaysus forgot all about the ol' Cat laughs. Must head up for a day or two to have a bit of a chortle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Yeah, kilkenny's always packed out for the duration of the cat laughs, you'd want to book both accommodation and tickets early.

there's a full PDF copy of the brochure and show times on the website.

Kilkenny has a fairly good reputation as regards night life also, lots of pubs and a few nightclubs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Doc

Anyone ever heard of “The Puck Fair” I think its held in a place called Kilorglin in Kerry or Cork was at it years ago all the pubs had trad bands playing in them and on the streets and the made a goat the king of the town for the length of the fair (a couple of days) and put him on the top of a big tower in the centre of the town.

Advertisement