Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Article] The Seamus Brennan Locomotive powers on

• 06-05-2004 1:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭

Increase in speed limits is sought by Minister

http://home.eircom.net/content/irelandcom/topstories/3141830?view=Eircomnet

So an increase in speed sought at 43 locations...personally I'd prefer if he removed the power from local authorities anyway, they shouldn't have any jurisdiction in this matter.

And he's dead right, strange limits do damage faith in the system, and enforce the belief about speed traps being a cash cow. Why else would Gardai be targetting limit breakers under the Belfield bridge, if the Minister has publicly said that it's not a necessary limit. Shouldn't they be targetting dangerous areas instead?

Has anybody access to this list?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,474 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Eh, not sure if it is a good idea to publish the list, as it might give people the impression they have the right to speed at those locations.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Dont be a wet blanket, they prolly sped there anyway...
    As I said on this thread -
    I'd love to know why bunch of elected oiks can decide what the speed limit can be on public roads.

I imagine almost any other statutory body would be better qualified...

Mike.

Advertisement