Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nokia n-gage 89 euros

• 06-05-2004 1:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 39

follow up to the 99 euro post just bought one off vodafone.ie online store for 89 euro totally chuffed with myself thanks to that poster!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,710 ✭✭✭kaisersose77

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭chabsey

Bugger. No O2 stops seem to have left in stock, same with Xtravision and when I try to even look at it on the vodafone site I can't see the phones on offer....there's no mention of the n-gage at all.

Anyone know anywhere I can get one of these, preferably on an O2 upgrade?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭huh!

http://www.vodafone.ie/onlinestore/productlist.jsp?cat=specialoffers

cunningly hidden in the special offers section

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

89 bucks! f*ck sake,
    i was gonna shell out €369 for one of them 6 months ago

• Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭begbie

I checked out vodafone.ie yesterday. I've never been a vodafone customer, but it has the n-gage listed as 109 euro, 1st time connection, ready to go. Fifa 2004 is also listed as being included. Can anyone confirm this? And is it only 109 euro if i purchase it off net?

• Advertisement

It's 109 euro for a 2st time connection if you buy it in their shops too, although stock is an issue.

Alright, thanks. Was thinking stock would come into the equation! :dunno:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 203 ✭✭stones

The one on vodafone.ie doesnt have FIFA with it tho does it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 jole1

I bought n-gage yesterday for €109 coz 1st time connection. I want to stay with 02 due to cheaper prices etc, does any 1 know if the online unblocking codes are safe to use on the phone coz fella in shop said they are impossible to unblock,
    also if ye are buying games www.play.com ship em from Uk for no extra cost in 2-3 days so buy games online & u'll get em cheaper

It says on vodafone.ie that fifa 2004 comes with it. But i don't know for sure! :dunno:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Boro

i unlocked mine - took about 1 minute

Download Smart DCT-4 Calc from here and read the tutorial from here. You do this at your own risk and probably invalidate your warranty.

edit: changed links

I can confirm that Ngage ready to go ordered from Vodafone.ie yesterday for €89 arrived today with fifa game and 60 credit, sim locked, but easily unlocked

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

how much was shipping?

free shipping, delivery within 48hrs, by courier, mine took less than a day

Thanks very much to bleedin header! fair play .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭knifey_spoonie

I got mine on TUE. in grafton ST. store ,they had loads

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭celticfc

I got one on wednesday in The Square, 'twas the last one left in there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭Zion

Got mine arrived today from vodafone online as well. Quite a good bargain for €89 with fifa game, €60 credits and lot of accessories come with it including a stereo handfree and a 32MB MMC card.

Unlock it was very easy too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,467 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Well that really is a bargain @ €89 , just ordered one myself :)

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,467 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Anyone know of somewhere that sells some thing like a MSI USB Transceiving Key - Bluetooth which presumably would be a lot more handy to use than messing about plugging and unplugging usb cables at the back of my pc when I want to add some mp3's or games to the mmc ?

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Elara and Komplett both sell usb bluetooh adaptors. I'm sure high-street rip off merchants have them too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

I was in every Vodaphone store in Dublin city today with no joy, so i just ordered the one of vodafone.ie , looks like an even better deal too, with punters receiving MMC cards and stuff too. Will let you know how it goes when it arrives monday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,710 ✭✭✭kaisersose77

is the 32MB mmc not the one with nokia game on it? its in n-gage already , well it was in my one from o2 and the "hands free" are the earphones u need to listen to the radio. I doubt vodafone are putting extra stuff in the n-gage box( when i got mine from xtravision- it was an n-gage box inside an 02 box) so n-gage stuff in n-gage box and o2 stuff in o2box.

Originally posted by Longfield
    Anyone know of somewhere that sells some thing like a MSI USB Transceiving Key - Bluetooth which presumably would be a lot more handy to use than messing about plugging and unplugging usb cables at the back of my pc when I want to add some mp3's or games to the mmc ?

The bluetooth (I think) only fills the phone's memory. To fill the mmc card you have to use the USB cable. So I've heard anyway....I don't own one yet, to confirm this.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

How do you find the n-gage as a phone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 bleedin'header

Well lads im delighted you all bought one its a bargain they were 309 euro fifa game is great im hooked how do i get it unlocked though without paying 30 or so euro and does ne one know where you can purchase cheap games for the ngage

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

does unblocker really work? im with o2 and am thinking of buying an ngage from vodafone.ie dont want the hassle of returning it

ps: is it better to but new connection or upgrade i was thinking new connection as you whould need vf sim to turn it on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

Originally posted by The Real B-man
    does unblocker really work? im with o2 and am thinking of buying an ngage from vodafone.ie dont want the hassle of returning it

ps: is it better to but new connection or upgrade i was thinking new connection as you whould need vf sim to turn it on

You'll be lucky. I haven't been able to find them anywhere for this price. I don't see them on the Vodafone online shop for this price either. So they must have taken it down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭Myg

The Bluetooth dongles are only really usefull if you want to connect your n-gage to the internet Via a computer. You can use agile messenger, netfront and wireless IRC to take the place of some regular computer functions.

still on vodafone.ie

and yes ive unlocked mine and using it on o2

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

Originally posted by huh!
    still on vodafone.ie

and yes ive unlocked mine and using it on o2

Never looked at the special offers page! Doh!

Advertisement