Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nokia n-gage 89 euros

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭d4

Anyone tell me whats the deal with it being an mp3 player..does it have the memory built in or do ya have to buy a memory slot..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

Originally posted by huh!
    still on vodafone.ie
    http://www.vodafone.ie/onlinestore/productlist.jsp?cat=specialoffers

and yes ive unlocked mine and using it on o2

The're out of stock too! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭huh!

Sorry about that Ricardo, Doh!

D4 you need to put the mp3's on memory card, a 32mb one comes with it,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭chabsey

Am I right in assuming that if you buy one on vodafone, unlock it and use your O2 sim then there's absolutely no way of getting any free call credit from O2?

Obvious indicators are that they've no reason to give you call credit but maybe there's a way? I hate having to buy a vodafone one and lose the free credit just cause o2 are out of stock.

The bonus pack version for €99 is still available, this is for vodafone customers who want to upgrade their phone, you still get the €60 credit added to your own vodafone sim,

Chabsey- I sold the sim that came with it , dont know of any other way around it,

• Advertisement

I really wanted to get off Vodafone contract.

Originally posted by huh!
    The bonus pack version for €99 is still available, this is for vodafone customers who want to upgrade their phone, you still get the €60 credit added to your own vodafone sim,

Chabsey- I sold the sim that came with it , dont know of any other way around it,

Being an O2 customer can I buy that bonus pack version and unlock it for my O2 sim or is it only the other, sold out, version that could do that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

Chabsey, I'm in the same position - an O2 customer but bought the bonus pack version.

AFAIK I'll be able to unlock it and use my O2 sim ... will let you know ...

Funny they let me buy it without entering a valid Vodafone number, huh ?

Carphonewarehouse still have O2 N-gages in stock. Mainly cause they're selling them at 229 and refuse to acknowledge that the prices have fallen. According to them they'll sell the Vodafone ones at 99/109 euros but not the O2 ones cause they've not got word of the price drop.

They will price match but as nowhere has an O2 n-gage in stock there's no way of getting them to price match!

I don't suppose anyone knows anything about how carphonewarehouse work in terms of 'getting word' of how the rest of the shops in the country have dropped prices. I wonder, when the Qd comes out will they still insist on charging people 229 for the older machines? I know they're higher spec than the QD but still, seeing as most people who really wanted one got one at 99 euros, it doesn't seem realistic to keep selling them at 229.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Originally posted by bleedin'header
    Well lads im delighted you all bought one its a bargain they were 309 euro fifa game is great im hooked how do i get it unlocked though without paying 30 or so euro and does ne one know where you can purchase cheap games for the ngage
    This gets asked so many times.

http://nokiafree.org/free-nokia-unlock-codes

BTW - About "purchasing" games, try mediaplace.nl. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭easy guv'nor

tried to order online but they're out of stock.

crap.

and I was gonna get a nice 512mb MMC card of ebay an all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,467 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

They are stopping orders on the vodafone site? , I ordered mine on Saturday and its current status is "picked" , hope this isnt going to sit in limbo for ever, have a ton of stuff downloaded for it ..

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

Listen lads when they are in stock can you please post here i have no patients to order now and wait:rolleyes:

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

Bonus pack for €99 with €60 call credit for a voodoofone customer (a mate for example)

http://www.vodafone.ie/onlinestore/productlist.jsp?cat=specialoffers

The one on the left not the one on the right for €89

M

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,212 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

are they worth it? they're only a bargin if you need one...

I've heard they're rubbish phones...are the games that good? What other uses do they have? What's the largest card it can take for MP3?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

@ Robert Foster

It's a lot of technology for €89 so yes IMO it's worth it.
    The hardware is top notch. Aside from the side talking nonsense the phone is great, and tri band too, which the new one isn't.
    The games are pretty good even if the screen is a touch small, and the wrong shape.
    Other uses: Play MP3s, Movies, USB drive, manage contacts á la PDA, radio etc.
    512MB I believe, possibly depending on brand.

I bought one when they first came out but sold it on because I figured I wasn't getting enough use out of it's other features to warrant having such a (relatively) bulky phone but I've missed it since. I was going to buy a small MP3 player until I saw the post about the €89 N-Gage. I already have the MMC card so for 89 eurons I will have me a new N-Gage with MP3ability again.

@ Longfield

If the order is shown as picked then it's on it's way to you. I ordered mine on Friday night and it's "picked" too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,710 ✭✭✭kaisersose77

anyone find sites selling cheap compatible mmc's yet apart from ebay? theres a list of compatible ones on some sites

Well the new toy arrived today :)
    Was missing the charger but a quick call to customer support and am getting sent out one tomorrow, have a charger from my last nokia so is charging up now as we speak..let the games commence !

Time to source me a big capacity mmc ...

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

Got mine today too :D

Funny thing though; When I entered the generated unlock codes it kept saying "code error". Rather than risk using up my five free attempts and lock up the phone altogether I tried my O2 sim in it anyway, and it worked!
    It seems my phone was never locked in the first place.

Over the last two weeks

Tried O2 - sold out
    Tried Xtravision - sold out
    Tried online - sold out
    Tried vodafone shop yesterday - sold out but more tomorrow
    Tried vodafone shop today - guy in front got last one

Aaarrrggghgh!

• Advertisement

Originally posted by kaisersose77
    anyone find sites selling cheap compatible mmc's yet apart from ebay? theres a list of compatible ones on some sites

These seem pretty reasonable, and free delivery to Ireland also, haven't checked n-gage compatibility yet..but am researching atm..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭tuco

Hi all, ordered the €99 one from the special offers section on the vodafone page earlier, and it's status is now picked, which I gather means it's all good. Can anyone tell me if the fifa game comes with this one, or was it just with the €89 model?
    I guess I'll find out in the next day or two anyway...
    take it easy...

Originally posted by tuco
    Hi all, ordered the €99 one from the special offers section on the vodafone page earlier, and it's status is now picked, which I gather means it's all good. Can anyone tell me if the fifa game comes with this one, or was it just with the €89 model?
    I guess I'll find out in the next day or two anyway...
    take it easy...

was that today?

yeah, about 2 hours ago...

Originally posted by tuco
    yeah, about 2 hours ago...

WTF? Its saying out of stock for me this morning and again now. Fates way of saying noooooo???

yeh tried it just now out of interest and sold out!

where does it say out of stock? I ordered by going to the online store, then special offers, then selecting the n-gage which brought me to this page:

http://www.vodafone.ie/onlinestore/product.jsp?cat=phones&productId=11266

From there, I added it to the basket and proceeded to checkout.
    Is it somewhere after this you get an out of stock, or are you following different links?

• Advertisement

when you add to basket and try and check out, accept terms and bing, sold out message

Advertisement