Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nokia n-gage 89 euros

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭smiaras

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭subway_ie

Originally posted by smiaras
    It's getting replaced soon so if you're buying it for games it isn't worth it.

I think the new version is already out... its smaller, more rounded, but less features - no MP3, radio, and I hear that it's got mono sound too. But if you dont want it *just* for games, then there's no point in paying €300 more for the newer version - when you can get the old one for about €90 and download any games/apps that you want for free. The newer version will probably have *a lot* more protection on it its games, so they probably wont be available to download for awhile.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

hey gonker, dont suppose you fancy being a good samaritan and doing my shopping for me, unfortunately im in dublin and dont think id be able to get to portaoise any time soon,:dunno:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,710 ✭✭✭kaisersose77

all new games willwork on both versions and the best thing about the ngage in my opinion is watching movies on it and everything else is a bonus

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

Originally posted by kaisersose77
    all new games willwork on both versions and the best thing about the ngage in my opinion is watching movies on it and everything else is a bonus

Are the movie not a bit crap? Tiny screen, major compression doesnt usually make for a good viewing experience.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭embraer170

Was using a Nokia 3200 and bought myself one of these in Heatons Tralee. I am dead happy, only miss the flashlight.

One question I have. It came with a 30mb memory, 18 of which is used by some strange Nokia Game. Is it safe to delete it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Fridge Monkey

i wud say so, but y delete nnow. wait till u need d space b4 u do.

wat are the movies like on d n-gage?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 290 ✭✭dub_dan

just wondering if the €99 n-gage is still running? can't seem to find it on the vodafone online shop or the o2 online shop.
    Does anyone know where i could get one?

• Advertisement

i cant find one anywhere in dublin, so if anyone outside dublin would be willing to buy and post ill cover costs plus a little sumting extra for the trouble?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭podge3

The "Phone Store" in Thurles have them for €109.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 290 ✭✭dub_dan

does anyone know where i can buy a cheap n-gage online?

They have loads at buy and sell.ie. but they are second hand and u never no wat is wrong wit them

The one I bought yesterday had a 30mb memory card (had some stupid Nokia-Flo game on it which is deletable).

Today bought one for my dad, no memory card. :confused:

Heatons Tralee still has a few NGages.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Boro

Originally posted by Fridge Monkey
    wat are the movies like on d n-gage?

encode with smartmovie (google it). It uses xvid to compress the movies. Its much better than the nokia multimedia converter as the nokia mmc will only give you max 15 frames per second for converted movies (to .3gpp) whereas smartmovie encodes to avi (it comes with a converter for the pc and a .sis player for the ngage) and keeps the frame rate of the original movie.

I encoded finding nemo from a divx i had and it turned into a 98mb xvid avi. Played it in the ngage and its very watchable - smooth and clear. The main loss you will notice is the sound quality but its not that important. The ngage is pretty good for the movies as you can watch them sideways (portrait) which lets you use the screen better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,099 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

looking for a n gage in galway .If any one is selling one give me a pm.

gob_smacked

If any1, outside Dublin, would be willing to buy me an n-gage preferably with Vodafone and post it to me, i would pay you a bit exra as well as the phone price

Originally posted by Fridge Monkey
    If any1, outside Dublin, would be willing to buy me an n-gage preferably with Vodafone and post it to me, i would pay you a bit exra as well as the phone price

hey no fair , i asked first. (twice) so i assume there no left anywhere

well some shops are gettin them in but as meteor and o2, and meteor is 299 euros, and o2 is probably the same.

go to buy and sell .ie, get 1 der

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

N-gage Price list:

VODAFONE: €89

O2:€99

METEOR:€299

can anyone who sees them in stock as either o2 r vodafone give a quick update here, cheers

The O2 shop in Tralee town were certain they were sold out in O2 countrywide and would not be coming back.

For an O2 (non upgrade), your best bet is probably Heatons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭gonker

none left in heatons in portlaoise lads i tried for ye sorry
    gonk

A friend of mine bought one in Heatons Tralee this morning so they might still have a few.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Kêrmêttê

Xtravision in Clondalkin (Dub 22), Greenhills Road and Ashleaf Centre (Dub 12) have new shipments of them. I saw them the other day. 99 Beans each but no game included.

please, does anybody know where i can get an n-gage for €99, I have been searching Dublin for the last 2 weeks and their sold out everywhere.

i am looking for one aswell. I rang xtravision in clondalkin yesterday and they said they dont have them and arent expecting any more, but that each time they;ve been told that, they have arrived in. If anyone that is buying one finds somewhere can they please pick me up one and ill buy it off you, cheers.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

you would be lucky if you could find one in the whole country their selling like hotcakes except in metoer outlets but at €299 whould you bother?

• Advertisement

Originally posted by The Real B-man
    you would be lucky if you could find one in the whole country their selling like hotcakes except in metoer outlets but at €299 whould you bother?

I know two people who've bought one €299 and then stuck in their vodafone simcards. Feckin retards.

Advertisement