Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

6100 Problem

Options
  • 06-05-2004 1:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭

Hey guys, last nite my when I turned on my phone (Nokia 6100, latest firmware) it mysteriously said "CONTACT SERVICE" in a way reminicent of my old ZX. Anyway, after much turning on and off, it came on but it only had one bar reception. It worked fine for a while, but now it's not getting any reception at all. I guess it's the aerial but I dont have any idea where that is on the phone....

Any ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 Just Do it ?

Hi Altheus,

If I where you I'd bring it back to the shop where ya bought it and tell them !

The contact service thing is serious !

I had a 7250i a while ago - and one day I turned it on and it said that on the screen - I brought it back to the shop - they sent it off to Nokia - it came back and the shop said Nokia couldn't or wouldn't fix it because it had been water damaged !

And as for the bad reception on it - Did you drop it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Altheus

Well look, let's just say it didnt happen directly after a few knocks ;) It actually happened in my pocket in a pub, so maybe it got squashed or wet or something. Either way I got myself a cheap Ngage.... it's under warranty somewhere in Hong Kong, which is just a tad too far for me...

Advertisement