Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Who is your favourite jobber of all time

• 06-05-2004 1:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭

Who is your favourite jobber of all time, Brooklyn Brawler, Funaki etc.

I would say that mine would have to be Funaki, Smackdown's No1 presenter INDEED:D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭Exit

Dunno if he'd be considered a jobber, but I love Repo Man. He's class.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,577 ✭✭✭savemejebus

Mick Foley, high profile jobber but still a jobber all the same (currently anyway)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭smiaras

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭burningspirit

Dude, I think you mean Barry Horowitz

Mine would have to be mike bell.... remember that time Saturn KILLED him and got stuck with the moppy gimmick as punishment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭largerthanlife

crash holly or mikey whipwreck

crash was class in his day a welcome edition to the attuide years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 424 ✭✭a-hole

kuiinti, remember when the apa made them bounce

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Has to be Brooklyn Brawler, I love the guy. Remember when he beat Triple H with Kaientai? Or did he?....

Well, he's great regardless!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭cruiserweight

Has to be Brooklyn Brawler, I love the guy. Remember when he beat Triple H with Kaientai? Or did he?....

He did!!!!

I loved the whole Kaientai, we are eviilllllll thing!!!

I remember a promo where the came to the ring saying they were the most evil wrestlers in the WWE and Taker and Kane came down and gave them both last rides!!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Hanza

GILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLBURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRG!

Best entrance ever, :D plus I hate Bill, and Gill was the best rip off ever. Totally distasteful, it rocked! I would have loved to have seen baldys face the first time Dwayne Gill made his entrance.

Hanza

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

im sure he found it humourous

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭TheGreatOne

I'm not too sure if this guy is an actual jobber but he's such a whipper i thought id mention him anyways. Good auld "Shark Boy" of World Wrestling Allstars fame. Saw him when they came to the point a while back, what a dork!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 Xero

Matt Hardy - Under appreciated, more talent in his small finger than alot of former champions. V1 is just the most succesful jobber there ever was. still a jobber though

Yeah, but with this new push on RAW we could see him elevated to serious stable mid card status. I think within at least 2 months Matt Hardy will be in the soild mid card.

Heres hoping anyway.

Hanza

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭Wacker

Tommy Dreamer. Have you guys any idea of his win/loss ratio in ECW? Its not pretty.

Also, when he wrestles on Heat these days (which he hasn't done for a while due to him becoming a father), he puts the jobbers over.

On a serious note... Joey Mathuews and Christian York. Ex-ECW heads, now 3PW regulars. Trained by Matt Hardy in Omega. Work the odd Heat. Very tallented.

Soon enough they will go the way of the Hardys and get a contract with WWE.

Hanza

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Yeah, Joey Matthews is very good. On the subject of Tommy Dreamer, he said on Byte This that his contract runs out soon and that he won't be returning to wrestle. He did say that he'd look into a backstage role. Bad news, I always really liked Tommy, he seemed like a really professional guy. I actually think that he should have been put on Smackdown, because I know a lot of fans still like him.

Where did you hear Byte this? Isnt it a web style interview thing?

Hanza

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭Wacker

Well, he was made a member of the writing team for RAW a while ago. But he was fired from that job after about three weeks.
    If he is still able to wrestle (he has recieved bazillions of injuries), he should probably leave the WWE. I imagine he could do far better on the indepednant scene, where he could use his hardcore style.
    Also, seeing a re-run of he feud with Raven would be too good to pass on. While I'm not normally a fan of re-running the past, I'll make a definite exception for this.

On the topic of Dreamers injuries, did anyone here about the time he had to get his left testicle surgically removed. Jerry Lawler hit Dreamer in the nuts with a kendo stick with had an inch long sharp splinter sticking out of it. I went right into his scrotum and cut his testicle open.

:dunno:

Sounds sore, eh?

Hanza

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Glowingmind

It's sad to see dreamer going, but it's not as if he was gonna be getting any sort of push at all any time soon. His wife's just had twins so i'd say he's just looking for a more steady, secure full time job along with the injury issues.
    Also, apparantly Steiner isn't gonna be back on wwe tv
    From pwinsider.com:
    "Scott Steiner has been cleared to return to WWE but is not expected to come back to wrestle. Despite the fact that they could use name brand talent on Smackdown right now, WWE feels that they don’t have anything creatively for him. They also feel that, even though he has largely been healthy during his WWE run, his is too fragile physically to push on television because they feel that his body has taken a lot of punishment over the years. Unless something changes, it's expected that WWE will let his contract run expire and not use him again."

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Magnolia_Fan

Barry Horowitz was a legend, remember when he finally won a match on Superstar it was literally one of the most suprising moments in my WWE viewing days..he beat a body donna and then got to fight at the following P.P.V and had the Tetris music for his entrance and his trademark was patting himself on the back lol

I remember when the Hardys were regular Jobbers on Superstars they were good, not as flash and flair but still good, Repot Man was a legend too, I was at Mania this year and during Takers match a fan shouted We Want Repot Man!...what a guy lol

Don't forget oul Salvatore Sincere, the flambouyant Italian in the pink trunks who seemed to wrestle Razor Ramon every second week

Best has to be The Brooklyn Brawler...He even jobbed for SPARK PLUG HOLLY! in Dublin 12 years ago, Thats some ask..great character too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 Edgedogg

Fav Jobber..hmmmm..........let me see. The Undertak.....no wait.......Triple ......no no.....eh....Stone Co......no wait er... all the members of the FBI. The WWE version. yeah those poor guys get some hassle and lets not forget Grand Masta for all the two weeks he was back for

Advertisement