Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ideal Ins/Outs for your team this summer?

• 06-05-2004 3:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 635 ✭✭✭

It will lead to alot of speculation, they are all just maybes but.....put down real transfer targets, who'd you see leaving and coming in.... Chelsea & leeds supporters should be interesting.....

Man Utd
    Out : Forlan, Butt, Giggs, Fortune.

In: Miller, Matteo Ferrari,vanderVarrt, Milner, Alberto Gilardinho.

and Carlos Quireoz back.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Villa

Out: Nobody bloody small enough squad as it is

In: Smith, Izzet, Van Brommel and a CD

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭jonno

Liverpool:

Outs:

Heskey, Biscan, Diouf, Smicer, Henchoz, Hamann.

Ins:

Cisse, Mexas, Upson, Malbranque/Wright-Phillips

Originally posted by jonno
    Liverpool:

Outs:

Heskey, Biscan, Diouf, Smicer, Henchoz, Hamann.

You left out GH:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭cruiserweight

Liverpool

Out : Daio,Cheryou,Diouf,Heskey,Traore,Smicer,Henchoz

In: Cisse,Mexes,Barton,SWP/Malbranque,Upson/Dawson

In: Smith, Izzet, Van Brommel and a CD

Will deadly Doug drop dead and leave a load of money in his will?:D

• Advertisement

Originally posted by cruiserweight
    Will deadly Doug drop dead and leave a load of money in his will?:D

Well We can only hope, (not that I want him to die now)

not that I want him to die now

;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭alfie

Liverpool

Out : Daio,Diouf,Heskey,Traore,Smicer,Henchoz,Houllier

In: Cisse,Mexes,Smith,Wright-Phillips,Mourinho:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Bannor

Liverpool:

OUT:
    Baros, Biscan, Diouf, Hamann, Heskey, Mellor, Partridge

IN:
    Barton, Cisse, Gallas, Van der Vaart

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭kida

Man United

In - Nesta/Cannevaro (any really top quality CB), Guily(Monaco), Duff,Milner,Carr,Dyer
    Out - Forlan,Giggs(only if get Duff),Butt,Fortune

and keep Van Nistelrooy and Keane.

• Advertisement

Originally posted by Bannor
    Liverpool:

OUT:
    Baros,

I think he's quite useful as a back up striker, rather have him on the bench that Heskey:confused:

Baros, Biscan, Diouf, Hamann, Heskey, Mellor, Partridge

why Baros,Hamann and Partridge?

Originally posted by cruiserweight
    why Baros,Hamann and Partridge?
    There is method to the madness!

Baros :
    If/When Cisse signs he'll be sat on the bench which is a waste of his talent. If he has a good Euro 2004 then the club will get a good fee for him. Pongolle can keep the bench warm in his place and Kewell can play up front if needed.

Hamman :
    He's earning a fortune and his departure would take a chunk out of the wage bill which could be better invested in a creative midfielder such as VdV. If the team is to progress then the role of Didi will have to be sacrificed. Barton, Diao and Welsh are all more mobile than him and can also do the breakup play bit required. The arrival of a pacey central defender such as Gallas would also ease his departure.

Partridge :
    He's not going to be given the opportunity to make it at Liverpool and would be better off moving to another club where he will get first team football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,981 ✭✭✭Big Ears

Baros is better than Owen , he's only 23 and is still getting suited to the league , but u can already see he's class . U would make a very bad manager getting rid of your young talent like Partridge and Baros , I assume u would only let Hamann go because Barton's coming in ?

There is method to the madness!

I agree to a degree. But I would keep Baros, Heskey and Mellor are leaving! So when Cisse signs that leaves Cisse,Baros,Pongolle and Owen, 4 quality strikers excellent. So I would not sell Baros unless a replacement is bought ie Smith

I agree with Hamann to a degree, but I do not think Daio will be with Liverpool after the summer and he is not an adequate replacement anyway. If Barton signs there is no problem with keeping Hamann as a squad player, we will be leaving next year anyway. Mexes is a pacy centre back and has said he will sign if we are in the CL.

As for Partridge I agree with the sentiment, but if he gets a run he could cement a place in the team

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

United

Out: Forlan, Kleberson, Djemba-Djemba, Gary Neville, Wes Brown, Nicky Butt.

In: Terry, Bridge, Duff, Malbranque, Trezeguet, Miller, Puyol.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Leeds United:

OUT:smith, Viduka, johnson, barmby, wilcox, batty, robinson, harte, bridges, mcmaster.

IN: gordon strachan, then who the hell knows

• Closed Accounts Posts: 635 ✭✭✭johnor

Ah lads try to keep it somewhat realistic....the likelyhood of united rading chelsea for 3 of their best players and still ahving cash for 3 other major signings is highly unlinkely..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Celtic

Out:
    Larsson, Mjallby, Laursen, Miller, Lambert, Hedman, Fernandez, Petta, Sylla.

In:
    :confused: I can only hope/dream. Robbie Keane/Wiltord/Hasslebaink, Okocha/Izzet (MON used to manage him), Emerson Thome/G.Kelly (was linked).

Wages wouldn't be too much of a problem considering the amount of players leaving. It should clear up about £120,000 per week.

Baros isn't better than Owen. He's great running with the ball and works tirelessly but he is nowhere near Owen in terms of awareness of team mates on the pitch, nor is he clinical in front of goal. There is no doubt that he has talent - He's still a rough diamond and in order for him to progress he will need first team football, that won't happen too often with Owen and Cisse being the first choice strikers. FSP is also waiting in the wings and is willing to wait his chance at the club, Baros can't afford to wait.

I would let Hamman go if we sign a pacey centre back. He offers little to the team going forward and in effect plays as a third centre back. That's all well and good in the games when the defense is going to be under immense pressure but if the team is going to progress then a more dynamic player should take his place. Early in the season when he was injured Arsenal came to Anfield and got played off the pitch for the first half of the game. Diao and Gerrard were the central midfielders, they both were able to break up play and get forward. In the second half Diao ran out of steam due to a lack of match fitness and Arsenal got back in the game. That 45 minutes was a demonstration of what Liverpool are capable of without Didi Hamman. In the current setup Gerrard is doing all of the work and Hamman is standing about for the most part. When Gerrard has a poor game then the central midfield is non-existant. The arrival of Barton would fill the gap left by Didi's departure quite cheaply, but I think there are players in the squad already such as Diao and Welsh who could also fill the position. There's also Diarra who's on loan in France at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 635 ✭✭✭johnor

Read today that if Birmingham fail to get smith they will offer 4 mil for robbie keane, surely robbie is worth 3 times that at least....crazy paper talk....

Originally posted by bucks73
    United

Out: Forlan, Kleberson, Djemba-Djemba, Gary Neville, Wes Brown, Nicky Butt.

In: Terry, Bridge, Duff, Malbranque, Trezeguet, Miller, Puyol.
    Trezeguet has already agreed to sign for Barcelona. There may be a clearance sale at Chelsea in the summer but Terry, Bridge and Duff won't feature.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Aside from the pure ludicrousy of some of the above suggestions, making so many changes to a squad over the summer would destabilise it severely.

Arsenal -

OUT:
    Tavlaridis, Kanu, Wiltord, Jeffers.

IN:
    No need for any major signings (providing Wenger lays down the law with Lehmann and tells him to calm the fcuk down or face being dropped for Taylor/Stack). Another Clichy, Senderos or a Fabregas for the future would be nice. More first team appearances of the younger players. Keep Keown and Bergkamp to nurture the younger players and provide guidance (and play occasionally)

Of course, in fantasy land, Morientes would make a nice signing until the young forwards develop :)

// Edited to include Jugears.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭ShriekingSheet

Blackburn Rovers

Out - Dwight Yorke

(Crazy as It may sound but I think there's a good chance the two kids JS/PG could be the first choice combo up front next season! Jansen has never really got back to where he was before that terrible crash and Cole will be "doing a job" most likely)

In -

We really just need a lefty and a few defenders.

Joe Cole (as a means of trying to replace Duff - he's been playing great on the left wing lately but I think he could be on Chelea's 'out' list) (My even less realistic choice would be James McFadden but he's stayin put Id say)

Gary Neville (he's on one of the above Man U out lists -we'll take him!)

Clichy (at best on a loan deal)

Marcus Babbel (enjoyed his time on loan, played better than I've ever seen him play for the reds)

Presley or Lee Wilkie (two sctotch DCs) Preferably Wilkie - he has a bright future ahead of him!

Here's how I see us lining up next season - read left to right as my first choice in each position- Amorouso, Johansen etc aren't mentioned FOR A REASON!!!!!!

.................Stead/Cole.........Gallagher/Jansen.......................
    New Guy/Thompson....Fergusson.....Andresson/Emerton
    .........................Tugay/Flicroft...................................
    Gresko/Gray/McKevely...........Babbel....Wilkie............Neil/Reid
    .........................Friedel........................................

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Jivin Turkey

Originally posted by Big Ears
    Baros is better than Owen , he's only 23 and is still getting suited to the league , but u can already see he's class . U would make a very bad manager getting rid of your young talent like Partridge and Baros , I assume u would only let Hamann go because Barton's coming in ?

What are you like! Owen is only 24! Baros is good, I really rate him, and think he'll get better, but Owen is far better. He is having a bad season cos of the way liverpool play. Yet he has still scored 14 league goals in about 25 games??? Baros misses loads of chances.

As for Hamann leaving, I hope not, he is still instrumental for liverpool. Under a new manager he would turn better again, back to the form of 3 years ago (before his rumoured bust up with Houllier).

Id like to see arriving,

Mexes/Gallas, Malbranque/SWP, and a target man of some description, Beattie or someone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭jonno

I don't think Hamman has much to offer Liverpool if we get a decent pacey centre half. If anyone watched the 'Boro game on Sunday you could see clearly why. Hamann was missing for most of the game. I was actually wondering where he was at one stage. When we were playing it around in the midfield, he was esecially non-existant. Once the two goals went in Liverpool started sitting back and suddenly I recognised Hamann. Hyypia and Carra were playing pretty deep at the time and I counted four excellent tackles from Hamman in the space of 6 or 7 minutes (the reason I was able to count them was because I was surprised he was actually on the pitch). Anyway that is a prime and recent example of Hamann's job and why it is so important at the moment i.e we have a very slow centre half in Hyypia. As Bannor said there are three players waiting in the wings - Diao, Welsh and Diarra. I remember myself slating Diao on these boards before especially when Houllier was playing him right midfield and right back but the Arsenal game that Bannor mentioned showed him up for a good box-to-box midfielder which is what we nee. Both Welsh and Diarra are the same. Welsh is getting rave reviews in the reserves and Diarra was very highly rated when we signed him. The only reason he didn't stay at Bayern was because he couldn't break into the first team due to two players named Ballack and Hargreaves taking the central midfield spots.

As for Baros. I actually think he has potential - as a creative forward but he has a very bad eye for goal. He isn't clinical enough. I would like to keep him to see if anything comes of him (in case we have another Chelsea - Forsell situation). But ATM I'd have Cisse, Owen and FloPo in front of him.

So back on topic:

My team for Liverpool next season would be:

___________________Kirkland_______________________

Finnan_______Mexas__________Carragher_________Risse

Malbranque______Gerrard______Diao/Welsh_______Kewell

________________Cisse_____Owen__________________

With players like Dudek, Traore, Hyypia, Medjani, Otsemober and possibly Whitbread and Warnock to cover the back five, we would be in pretty good shape in that area.

In the midfield back-up such as Le Tallac, Welsh/Diao, Diarra, Cheryou, Murphy and maybe Partridge and possibly Wright-Phillips there is a pretty strong midfield. There is also the possiblity of giving Whitbread a go at left midfield if we want to rest Kewell in the lesser cup matches.

Then up front there is backup in the likes of Baros, FloPo and Mellor.

I think that is a pretty decent squad of players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Liverpool

Out:
    Heskey, Diao, Diouf

In:
    Cisse, Dawson, van der Vaart, Wright-Phillips

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭the fnj

Fulham

Outs:

Marlet- not on loan again try recoup some of our loss. Waste of space this player.

Ian Pearce- Looks to be a liability, I don’t rate him.

Stolcers- rotting in our reserves surely we could get some money for him.

Barry Halyes- Too old, lacks class.

Ins:

Kezman- a lot of clubs sniffing around but the attraction of living in London may help u sign him. A good finisher is what we need our midfield is strong enough to create chances.

Amoroso- would be good to have for a season or two, could help Collins John develop.

Ferrari- very wishful thinking but I’d love to see him partnering Knight at the back, would be a formidable combination. If we bid for him early we would have a better chance of signing him.

I’d also like to sign Djetou and Inamoto signed on permanent deals, I’m still unsure if Bobby Petta would be worth holding on to.

As far-fetched as Ferrari would be I can still see Coleman pulling at least one big capture out of the bag. I think we have the bones of a very strong side so hopefully we can keep our key players and add more quality.

Van Der Sar
    Voltz
    Knight
    ?????????
    Bonnissel
    Inamoto----Davis
    Malbranque
    Legwinski
    Boa Morte
    John/ ?????????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Jivin Turkey

Originally posted by jonno
    Once the two goals went in Liverpool started sitting back and suddenly I recognised Hamann. Hyypia and Carra were playing pretty deep at the time and I counted four excellent tackles from Hamman in the space of 6 or 7 minutes (the reason I was able to count them was because I was surprised he was actually on the pitch). Anyway that is a prime and recent example of Hamann's job

As Bannor said there are three players waiting in the wings - Diao, Welsh and Diarra. I remember myself slating Diao on these boards before especially when Houllier was playing him right midfield and right back but the Arsenal game that Bannor mentioned showed him up for a good box-to-box midfielder which is what we nee.

The only reason he didn't stay at Bayern was because he couldn't break into the first team due to two players named Ballack and Hargreaves taking the central midfield spots.

Ok, Hamann doesnt offer much going forward, I agree, and he should definately score more goals. But you claim we have Diao waiting in the wings? And cite the arsenal game as an example! Bannor also said that Diao was non existant in the second half.

I dont mind not noticing Hamann when we are winning. When we are on the back foot he regularly make as many tackles like you said. He was also outstanding against united. Many times beating Keane to the ball. This is his job. If we buy someone better then I wouldnt mind. But he is not a problem in Liverpools team, and I wouldnt rate Joey Barton ahead of him.

Finally Ballack only joined Bayern around 2001. Hamann left in 1998 hardly because of Ballacks arrival. Also Hargreaves would have been 16 when Hamann left. I dont think that was a reason either.

• Advertisement

I never knew their were so many Liverpool supporters on boards.

Anyway, I was listening to Partridge on Newstalk and he said he is set to sign a new contract with Pool. If I was him I wouldn't have, but Liverpool have stuck by him through injury so they deserve a little pay back. He also said that the knee is nearly better and he should be up and running with the lads in pre-season and if he gets by that without a reacurrence he hopes he gets a chance in the prem. He sounds really confident and all he asked for was a chance to test himself in the premiersip. He's been in contact with Kerr and if he gets first team action he should get a chance for Ireland.

I really hope Liverpool don't buy a right sided midfielder because I think Partridge is better than anyone else we (Ireland) have on the right, even with the lack of experience. He was superb at Coventry and CM still haven't lost fate in him (;) ), he must be in Houllier's plans since he is signing a new contract so I hope he takes his chances.

So, what do the Pool fans think of this new contract and would you risk not buying someone like Malbranque to give Partridge a chance? Partridge and Malbranque are quite versitile so maybe they could both fit in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Man U:

Out: Butt(cause he wants to), Kleberson(I don't rate him at all), Phil Neville(I think its unfair to keep him around as a backup),

Other people wanted:

Giggs: NOOOOOO! Giggs is like the best Man United player ever, and that there ever will be. He should finish his carear at Man United, I couldn't bare the thought of Giggs in anything but a United shirt

Gary Neville: Are ya mad? Hes a great solid right back, just doesn't look great cause he's forced into the centre a little

In:

CB:
    Samuel/Nesta/Puyol(please please please please)/etc.(

Centre Midfield:
    Miller will do I suppose, I don't know who else to get here, I think the great generation of Defensive midfielders are retiring
    Something is needed, maybe a offensive play-maker instead

Right Wing:

Ronaldinho :)
    Or else somebody established :)

Left Wing:

No need.
    Why?
    Once Giggs is gone, its ronaldo's natural position!!!!

Striker:

I'd like a great forward to play alongside Van Nist,
    Ideally Henry/Kaka/Raul/etc.
    We'll see :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Shef Wed

Out: Everyone including board, manager, players(except one or 2) and even the canteen lady if needs be

In: Bates, Bryan Robson, New squad and try there best to get Alan Quinn to resign for Wednesday

Im not asking for much:-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,654 ✭✭✭The Rooster

Hamann is great against the ManUs and Arsenals. But against the mediocre teams in the league (of which there are 15!) he's often a waste of space, as Liverpool have the ball most of the time and don't need a blocker in front of the defence who does nothing with the ball. In these games Hamann does not take the responsibility to get on the ball and try and make things happen.

What Liverpool need more than anything is to develop a system of play to get the best out of their players, where everyone knows their job, and knows everybody else's job. Exactly as ManU and Arsenal have.

Arsenal's weaknesses are in goal, at right back (Carr would be perfect), and they could do with a British/Irish midfielder for a bit of balance and a bit of extra passion for those few games when things arent going right.

Celtic need Heskey and Forlan. They'd run amok in Scotland :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭Space Coyote

Liverpool

OUT: (established players) Heskey, Diouf, Diao, Traore, Murphy, Biscan, Cheyrou, Smicer, Hamann, Henchoz. + Houllier & Thompson.

IN: Mexes, Cisse, Malbranque, SWP, Ranieri/Mourinho/O'Leary/O'Neill/Curbishley
    + give Welsh a go as DMC in a 4-1-3-2 formation (my fave in CM).

Kirkland/Dudek

--Finnan/Carragher--Mexes--Hyypia--Riise

Welsh/Gerrard

---SWP---Malbranque/Le Tallec---Kewell---

Owen/Baros--Cisse/Pongolle

Originally posted by Jivin Turkey
    Ok, Hamann doesnt offer much going forward, I agree, and he should definately score more goals. But you claim we have Diao waiting in the wings? And cite the arsenal game as an example! Bannor also said that Diao was non existant in the second half.
    Because Diao wasn't match fit.
    I dont mind not noticing Hamann when we are winning. When we are on the back foot he regularly make as many tackles like you said. He was also outstanding against united. Many times beating Keane to the ball. This is his job. If we buy someone better then I wouldnt mind. But he is not a problem in Liverpools team, and I wouldnt rate Joey Barton ahead of him.
    Hamman and Barton are two totally different style players. Barton is the tenacious type who chases and hounds the oppositions midfielders and doesn't let them settle on the ball. Hamman sits back and does his tackling when the team is under pressure. Having said that he didn't put in much of a performance in the second half against Arsenal at Highbury. If the team is going to evolve and play further up the pitch rather than on the edge of our own 18 yard box then the removal of Didi Hamman is key. I don't think Barton is a better player than Hamman, he'll be cheap in terms of a transfer fee and wages and he also fits the mould for the type of player required.
    Finally Ballack only joined Bayern around 2001. Hamann left in 1998 hardly because of Ballacks arrival. Also Hargreaves would have been 16 when Hamann left. I dont think that was a reason either.
    Crossed wires. Alou Diarra left Bayern because he couldn't get first team football. Hamman left Bayern because he wanted to be paid more and the Premiership was offering the money.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

In: Vicente and Ayala.

Out: Butt and Forlan.

Originally posted by eirebhoy
    So, what do the Pool fans think of this new contract and would you risk not buying someone like Malbranque to give Partridge a chance? Partridge and Malbranque are quite versitile so maybe they could both fit in.
    I'd like to see Partridge given a chance at Liverpool but to be honest I can't see it happening. He received the same promises a few years ago and made appearances in the cup games but that was it.

In all likely hood if he signs a new contract with Liverpool he will be loaned out to another club again, possibly one of the newly promoted clubs who won't have the funds for buying players.

United

Out: Kleberson, Djemba-Djemba, Gary Neville, Wes Brown.
    Ah now... come on. You have to give Kleberson and Djemba-Djemba a chance, they've only just arrived into the Premiership. Kleberson is a quality player who was being played out of position for most of the season by SAF. He can pinpoint passes to any area of the pitch and was playing poorly coming towards Christmas because he had been playing football non stop for over a year. You can't blame the lad for that.

Djemba-Djemba came on in a few games and made Nicky Butt look like a Conference player. I think he has potential and just needs to sort out his awareness and passing. He works harder than anyone in United's team (Keane isn't fit enough to do it to that extent at this stage). Give him another year.

Gary Neville has been United's player of the season this season. Why would you want to sell him? He has been playing superb football.

Only for Wes Brown in the last month and a half United would have let in countless goals. Silvestre has been extremely dodgy in the past month or so. He won us the match against Arsenal and had a blinder against Porto.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Originally posted by The Rooster
    Arsenal's weaknesses are in goal, at right back (Carr would be perfect), and they could do with a British/Irish midfielder for a bit of balance and a bit of extra passion for those few games when things arent going right.
    Yeah, because Carr was absolutely fabulous this season and Lauren was utter muck...

Wait, somethings not right there...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭kida

Totally agree with you Pornapster.
    So Called United Fans that stupidly call for the exit of players such as Neville and Brown are those that give United fans a bad name, if they new anything about the team would realise the value of them to it. Gary Neville is United though and through, he sweats blod for the team, granted he makes the odd blunder but I would reckon he is one of the first names on the teamsheet every week. I actually think CB is he best position.
    Brown lately has shown he is the player we once thought he was, he was thrown in at the deep end after coming back from a serious injury, credit to him that he was able to put it behind him and start performing well again, lesser players would have buckled. I actually think given a long run with no injuries he will end up being a far better player than Ferdinand.

• Advertisement

Originally posted by PORNAPSTER
    Ah now... come on. You have to give Kleberson and Djemba-Djemba a chance, they've only just arrived into the Premiership. Kleberson is a quality player who was being played out of position for most of the season by SAF. He can pinpoint passes to any area of the pitch and was playing poorly coming towards Christmas because he had been playing football non stop for over a year. You can't blame the lad for that.

Djemba-Djemba came on in a few games and made Nicky Butt look like a Conference player. I think he has potential and just needs to sort out his awareness and passing. He works harder than anyone in United's team (Keane isn't fit enough to do it to that extent at this stage). Give him another year.

Gary Neville has been United's player of the season this season. Why would you want to sell him? He has been playing superb football.

Only for Wes Brown in the last month and a half United would have let in countless goals. Silvestre has been extremely dodgy in the past month or so. He won us the match against Arsenal and had a blinder against Porto.

Pornapster, from what I have seen Kleberson has been brutal and D-D has been average at best.

If United are to challenge Arsenal next season they need quality in their midfield and middle of defence. If they are to challenge in Europe they need proven internationals of a very high standard. Neither of these players are this. And dont say Klebeerson has won a World Cup because some of that team/squad are IMO average.

At the back Silvestre was having a brilliant season until Rio went awol. Enter Wes Brown. The understanding, organisation and defensive skills that were there are now gone. Two good games do not make up for plenty of howlers. Thats why I put Neville in also. While I think he is a good player and a true red he has made too many gaffs this season and his two penalty claims/dives were a disgrace and embaressment. I have no time for any of that crap in football so he can do it elsewhere.

As for the ins no one said that they had to be believable or realistic. They are who I would like to see at United. I am a strong believer in British and Irish players being in the majority at English or Scottish clubs helped along with a few talented Europeans.

Chelsea, Liverpool and Rangers are proof that teams made up of too many foreign players do not win trophies.

If United are to challenge Arsenal next season they need quality in their midfield and middle of defence. If they are to challenge in Europe they need proven internationals of a very high standard. Neither of these players are this. And dont say Klebeerson has won a World Cup because some of that team/squad are IMO average.

At the back Silvestre was having a brilliant season until Rio went awol. Enter Wes Brown. The understanding, organisation and defensive skills that were there are now gone. Two good games do not make up for plenty of howlers. Thats why I put Neville in also. While I think he is a good player and a true red he has made too many gaffs this season and his two penalty claims/dives were a disgrace and embaressment. I have no time for any of that crap in football so he can do it elsewhere.

As for the ins no one said that they had to be believable or realistic. They are who I would like to see at United. I am a strong believer in British and Irish players being in the majority at English or Scottish clubs helped along with a few talented Europeans.
    Kleberson may have been poor this season, but you have to understand that he had been playing over a year of football non stop. Because the Brazilian league starts in January/February. You cannot play football for over a year and expect to be able to play the game properly. At the end of the Newcastle game he couldn't even pass the ball because of this, he looked shattered. He hasn't played much after that because Fergie thinks he needs a rest. Plus the fact that he was injured for a few weeks.

DD was out for alot of the season, and wasn't really given the chance to play. And considering he is only 23 he should be given more time.

All I have to say is look at the change in Kolo Toure from last season for Arsenal. That should show you that the new players should always be given time to settle.

Brown was just after coming back after a cruciate ligament injury at a very tough time. Do you expect him to be mentally and physically match fit for those games? He has been back to his best in the last couple of months.

How can you say that Neville was responsible for those "howlers" as you call them? He scored two own goals. Neither of which he could do anything about. However I do think he was at fault for the penalty against Liverpool.

So Pornapster what midfield would be the best for united next season going on their current squad and Miller??

Originally posted by irish1
    So Pornapster what midfield would be the best for united next season going on their current squad and Miller??
    I would assume Giggs-Keane-Scholes-Ronaldo

Originally posted by eirebhoy
    I would assume Giggs-Keane-Scholes-Ronaldo

IMO:

Ronaldo - Not consistent enough, it will take another season or 2 before he will be.

Scholes - Class act and ould be in any Premiership team

Keane - World Class but getting old and will probably only start around 20 games during next season

Giggs - Getting a bit more inconsistent, and I think if a big money offer came in he could be leaving

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭ShriekingSheet

That's the sh1t thing about supporting rovers;

I thought long and hard about my post and no one gives a sh1t :p

This thread is great reading though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭DEmeant0r

Originally posted by The FANJ
    Fulham

Outs:

Marlet- not on loan again try recoup some of our loss. Waste of space this player.

Ian Pearce- Looks to be a liability, I don’t rate him.

Stolcers- rotting in our reserves surely we could get some money for him.

Barry Halyes- Too old, lacks class.

Ins:

Kezman- a lot of clubs sniffing around but the attraction of living in London may help u sign him. A good finisher is what we need our midfield is strong enough to create chances.

Amoroso- would be good to have for a season or two, could help Collins John develop.

Ferrari- very wishful thinking but I’d love to see him partnering Knight at the back, would be a formidable combination. If we bid for him early we would have a better chance of signing him.

I’d also like to sign Djetou and Inamoto signed on permanent deals, I’m still unsure if Bobby Petta would be worth holding on to.

As far-fetched as Ferrari would be I can still see Coleman pulling at least one big capture out of the bag. I think we have the bones of a very strong side so hopefully we can keep our key players and add more quality.

Van Der Sar
    Voltz
    Knight
    ?????????
    Bonnissel
    Inamoto----Davis
    Malbranque
    Legwinski
    Boa Morte
    John/ ?????????
    I think we can acquire Kezman, he said to the media that he was interested in a Fulham move. Amoroso would also be a good signing too.
    Here are my ideal ins and outs:
    In:
    mateja kezman - Would have a great partnership with John.
    Rob Green (or whatever that Norwich goalkeeper is called) - to replace VDS in a few seasons.
    Inamoto - I'm very sure we can keep a hold of him on a permanent basis since Gamba dropped the asking price to 2.5mill
    Djetou - Great player to have, hard working.

Outs:
    Marlet: hopefully we can get back atleast half of what alfayed paid.
    hayles: as Fanj said, he's getting old.
    Sava: Coleman doesn't give him a chance to play, and his talent would be a waste in Reserves so I think we should sell him.
    Pearce: Makes too many mistakes. It was a waste of time swapping him for Melville, even though Melville is much older, he would do a much better job.

Originally posted by PORNAPSTER
    Kleberson may have been poor this season, but you have to understand that he had been playing over a year of football non stop. Because the Brazilian league starts in January/February. You cannot play football for over a year and expect to be able to play the game properly. At the end of the Newcastle game he couldn't even pass the ball because of this, he looked shattered. He hasn't played much after that because Fergie thinks he needs a rest. Plus the fact that he was injured for a few weeks.

DD was out for alot of the season, and wasn't really given the chance to play. And considering he is only 23 he should be given more time.

All I have to say is look at the change in Kolo Toure from last season for Arsenal. That should show you that the new players should always be given time to settle.

Brown was just after coming back after a cruciate ligament injury at a very tough time. Do you expect him to be mentally and physically match fit for those games? He has been back to his best in the last couple of months.

How can you say that Neville was responsible for those "howlers" as you call them? He scored two own goals. Neither of which he could do anything about. However I do think he was at fault for the penalty against Liverpool.

Ok say we hold on to all of them. Should Fergie not buy anyone and rely on them to mature, maybe even sacrificing another title to the gooners, or should he buy a few ready made internationals to slot straight in leaving the two boys in the reserves anyway?

Remember Toure was probably the only addition to a settled team this season. Reyes and Clichy have begun their settling in period in a championship winning team.

United are trying to come from third with inexperienced new faces. And quite frankly a squad which is not deep enough.

As for kida, you were probably one of the United fans that berated Fergie for getting rid of Hughes, Kanchelskis and Ince, if you are old enough to remember that far back. I dont care how red a player is if its time to move on, its time to move on. After the WC in 98 how many people thought Beckham would ever leave after the support he received from United fans? How many mistakes did Irwin ever make at right full in his 12 years at OT. I bet less than Neville or Brown have this season alone. If you want United to be the best in Europe again then you have to have the best players. These are not them.

Have Liverpool shown any interest in taking Babbel back or is a permanent move to Blackburn on the cards.

I think losing Babbel to his illness was a huge blow to Liverpool and one of the reasons they've gone from 2nd to 5th over the last few years. He was always ultra steady at the back, and was good for about 8 goals a season. Plus Hyypia scored more when he played, as opponents had more than one player to mark when corners/free kicks were being played in to the box.

I hear United are looking to sell Kleberson, but will hold on to Djemba.

Lauren is muck. Always found out against the very good teams.
    Okay, he's not muck, but Arsenal should have a better RB

United can't sell Gary Neville.

How would Liverpool or Man City ever beat them then? :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement