Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kazaa Lite

Options
  • 06-05-2004 4:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭

I loved this piece of software but of course it got shut down. At this stage I'm still using K++ version 2.4.1. Was just wondering where could I get an updated version of Kazaa Lite or similar? I'm hoping that it will be updated allowing you to specify the bandwidth and search results etc.

In anticipation of some replies..... no, I dont want to use bittorrent, tried downloading that piece of crap from the site and it never worked or even loaded):eek:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

• Registered Users Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

Kazaa lite Resurrection is the latest and greatest, its a massive improvement over the older ones, alot of the malware has been blocked out. its quite hard to find though, sharman are closing most sites.

Look for the file name: klr007.exe

rabbit

• Registered Users Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭Linoge

Thanks rabbit. That was a great help. Managed to download it from here . I'll soon know if its any good. Thanks again!:eek:

Love your sig btw, that was one of the funniest parts in Family Guy ever!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

who's a sly rabbit then. ;)

and he didn't even notice it and managed to find the exact same link. :D

sneaky. :p

Originally posted by vibe666
    who's a sly rabbit then. ;)

and he didn't even notice it and managed to find the exact same link. :D

sneaky. :p

Is it just me or did that make absolutely no sense at all?? What do you mean Vibe?:confused:

Right, I installed it. After a dodgy start it seems to work ok. Not at all different to Klite 2.4.2 but at least I know what to look for when I want to update.

Can anyone tell me the home page used in kazaa lite? Theres some crap webhosting page on the KLR's homepage.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Originally posted by Linoge
    In anticipation of some replies..... no, I dont want to use bittorrent, tried downloading that piece of crap from the site and it never worked or even loaded):eek:

Try something like PTC or try something like DC++ :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

I think he was refering to my linkage in my original post. (look hard).

ye, i almost died when i seen that bit in family guy, laughed so hard.

Sean

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Kazza Lite work fine for me, 3,381,869 Users online ATM

5,270,400 GB online....

John

• Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭LastIrishMonkey

Originally posted by Cabaal
    Try something like PTC or try something like DC++ :D

I must say most people dont want to learn how to use DC++ they just want music and videos quick and easy .......... :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Originally posted by LastIrishMonkey
    I must say most people dont want to learn how to use DC++ they just want music and videos quick and easy .......... :)

whats there to learn you connect to a hub search and start downloading?
    its far better than kazza

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,302 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Originally posted by LastIrishMonkey
    I'm trying to figure out on how to use it. Is DC the mIRC thing? cos if it is, me not like it, as them IRC things are mighty slow.... :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Originally posted by the_syco
    I'm trying to figure out on how to use it. Is DC the mIRC thing? cos if it is, me not like it, as them IRC things are mighty slow.... :(

no your thinking of dcc on irc
    this http://dcplusplus.sourceforge.net/ is dc++ and its very easy to use we generaly good speeds

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

Anyone still using WinMX? Are there any updates of that too? I'm still using like 3.31 or something, which I got at least 2 years ago now...

There's still quite the amount of people on it, and it's great for getting anything Japanese (though I'm talking actual Japanese, not any fansubbed anime or antyhing)...

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,867 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Just out of curiosity (and as I don't know the correct forum to post it in), what is the legal situation with Kazza?
    If you download files, chances are that you are infringing copyright laws and the record compamies will want your details, etc.
    Can the ISP give these out?
    Can they prove you downloaded their files (or could a defence be that you downloaded a file coincidentally with the same name as one of their songs [albiet many times])?
    Is the new EUCD in law in ireland or is it just another directive that the EU wants but the Irish government will take 5 years before implementing it?
    Ta
    K.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

Originally posted by Linoge
    no, I dont want to use bittorrent, tried downloading that piece of crap from the site and it never worked or even loaded):eek:

I bet you didn't even spent 2 minutes reading the documentation.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Originally posted by Sico

Documantation?
    What doc's do you have to read its dead easy
    :D:D
    Suprnova is one place to start, getting Linux ISO's of course :-)

Originally posted by rabbitinlights
    I think he was refering to my linkage in my original post. (look hard).

Just found it. It all becomes so clear now:)
    Originally posted by kbannon
    Just out of curiosity (and as I don't know the correct forum to post it in), what is the legal situation with Kazza?
    If you download files, chances are that you are infringing copyright laws and the record compamies will want your details, etc.
    Can the ISP give these out?
    Can they prove you downloaded their files (or could a defence be that you downloaded a file coincidentally with the same name as one of their songs [albiet many times])?
    Is the new EUCD in law in ireland or is it just another directive that the EU wants but the Irish government will take 5 years before implementing it?
    Ta
    K.

Please, enough with this crap. I don't know how many times this topic has been discussed. Apart from it being amazingly boring, it belongs in some other forum. Defo doesn't belong in here.
    Originally posted by Sico

I actually thought I had downloaded off a bogus site and got a virus. Normally theres an instalation procedure, especially for a 9 meg file, so I was thrown off by that. I did try it out the other day again though. AFAI read in the doc it's too complicated (for me anyway) to be used with a port tunneller, which I need because I use it in college. If I ever get bb at home I'll give it a go.

Advertisement