Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Help with my Angel eyes!

Options
  • 06-05-2004 4:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭

Lads, i cant find the tubing for my headlight angel eyes anywhere :/

I need help finding what i posted in this thread on the DIY forums.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=158758

I found a foot of some out in the shed, but its too dirty and and scratched..that would only do one light but i want to do it properly.

I have the foot long wrapped in a circle, and its working, but this test aint going into my car.. way to shabby to go in!

Heres where i got the inspiration for the angel eyes

http://www.geocities.com/crx_auto/angel_eyes.htm

I have LED lights that i took from my computer to test it with, and it works great! All i have to do it get a resister, blue LED's and the new pipe and im set to go! I can get the LEDs from work easy, and the resisters are easy to come by too..

Ive tried looking in my local hardware and woodies DIY, for this tubing and nothing!

Anyone wanna give a hand?

Cheers

reD.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭Turner

Surely you are not putting Angel eyes on a honda !!! As in BMW angel eyes ???

Sure while your at it you might as well put a M tech badge on it aswell ??
    I once saw a Mitsubishi with a bmw M tech badge on it :O

• Registered Users Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭red_ice

yea, i am... when i get my headlamp covers (not the stupid ones) i want them on the inside of it to illuminate it ring.

If it doesnt work out fair enough.. but if it does ill be quite the camper

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭Turner

Post some piccies when your done. Never seen it done before.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Originally posted by red_ice
    If it doesnt work out fair enough.. but if it does ill be quite the camper
    why would this working give you homosexual tendencies?
    :D

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,676 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Red-ice--I was carrying out something similar a few years ago.The tubes you need you can make from Biros.
    Cut both ends off so that you have a tube with the same diameter right the way down.These can be joined/bent whatever easily enough by heating SLOWLY.The only drawback I can see is that you may have to get smaller led`s as the diameter is probably only 5mm at the most.
    Hope this helps.
    Richie

• Advertisement

well, judging from the biro i have here with me now.... a lil too small :p

I studied physics and i can see how this works. It uses total internal reflection (as said on the page).

This explained is when light enters a tunnel and the angle of instance(i think) is too small to let light out, so there for it bounces back into the cylender. If it was at a 90 degree angle the light would get out, but because the angle of instance is greater than that of total internal reflection..

or something...

Ill give the biro a shot... but ill need something alot longer :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭the evil belly

try lay your hands on some medical tubing. like cathether or iv tubing. ther's much bigger stuff available from that avenue as well

cool, but where would i get my hands on that stuff? :o

Ive tried the pen, and no chance. The hollowness of it is killing off the light. Ill take pics tomorrow!

To enhance it, i had a pack of rizlas which i ripped off hte gums and put it on the bottm covering the cuts of the pen - it made it brighter, but not bright enough :/

Ill post some pics tomorrow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭the evil belly

try a large pharmacy or somewhere that supplies medical supplies for first aid and stuff. or you could try google

Advertisement