Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pioneer DV565 discontinued recommend another?

Options
  • 06-05-2004 6:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭

Pioneer DV565 discontinued recommend another decent dvd with the following

1. RGB functionality
    2. Progressive Scn
    3. Multi region
    4. Good range of ompatiblity...

Tks

Dwayne

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭eoinf

you can still get them new in alliance electric in georges st

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭dwayneburke

Any idea if they would courier to Galway? and also any idea on price?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭robbie1876

Where did you hear they are discontinued? Still a current model as far as I know!

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭dwayneburke

Rang richer sounds (dublin number) and the guy said richer sounds belfast hello!!!

Asked him about the model said there were none in stock and that it is being discontinued. I asked what is the replacment model and he said there isnt any yet. Which i thought was strange , discontinuing a model and not bring ing out a new one to replace it....

Do you think i was being given the brush off?? if so anywhere else online, dublin anywhere i can get the pioneer for a reasonable price?

Tks

Dwayne

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Amazon.co.uk and Techtronics.com are not showing the 565 any more when they both used to sell them.

Hifistore.co.uk still have them in stock here

hificomponents.de also have at a good price here

Just a point though, the 565 is only NTSC progressive, not PAL.

• Advertisement

Just checked aprils What HiFi as I remembered seeing a prog scan player in First Tests.

http://www.samsung.com/pt/products/dvdplayer/dvdplayer/dvd_h935.asp

I cant find anything on the UK Samsung site but the magazine gave this 5 stars. PAL and NTSC prog scan and DVI output at a RRP of GBP150.00.

The review said the picture via the one RGB scart wasnt great but that doesnt matter if you are using component or DVI. Review of these pictures was excellent, especially for the price.

No sign of it on sale anywhere yet.

dwayneburke, Pioneer have two new DVD players about to be released. The DV370 and DV2750 both have PAL prog scan.

The DV370 should sell for about GBP75.00 but I dont know about the DV2750.

Advertisement