Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Be Warned

• 06-05-2004 7:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 266 ✭✭

How Stupid do these people that send the below mails think we are, This is a con and do never reply to crap like this below.

Congradulation! Congradulation!
    During global E-mail lottery activity called out by "LiXin" Group Co., you
    have been become one of 10 lucky person as well as you will receive a beautif-
    -ul,car of BMW 3 series 330i as your reward by free.

You must send us your name, detailed address and contact telephone number
    by E-mail with in 4 weeks from now on.Our E-mail address is as bellow:
    lixin_service@yahoo.com . Special statement:We couldn't deliver your reward
    to you accordingly in case your contact information wasn't correct. Otherwise,
    it will be cancelled your opportunity automatically. Please must fill it up
    correctly.

Due to this is a global lottery activity, all the express charge will be
    collected from you. Please remit USD 526 as delivey charge (or other currency with equal value) to the following account:

BANK OF CHINA, GUANG ZHOU JIANG NAN DA DAO SUB-AGENCY
    LIANG GUO CHENG
    SWIFT NO: BKCHCNBJ400.

According to your information and delivery charge for 4 weeks, you will
    get your reward or you will be advised where you can receive your reward from
    supplier we allocated.
    Congradulation once more!-You have become one of 10 lucky person!

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,510 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Looks legit to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 612 ✭✭✭Phil_321

I always reply with my personal details to these kind of emails. You never know when one might be real. You'd feel a right fool then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,064 ✭✭✭Gurgle

Oh my god, a BMW 330i for free ?
    Cool, I want one of those.

And they can deliver it from China to Ireland for $526 ?
    Excellent.

Good thing China is so much closer to Ireland than wherever they make BMWs.

I'd better send both my bank account number and my credit card details, just to be on the safe side. I don't want to lose out just for the sake of the delivery fee.

I am so lucky, I'm just waiting for a guy in Nigeria to lodge $20 million in my bank account. Apparently, he is the only surviving person who knows about this stash of $120 million.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Originally posted by car
    Congradulation once more!-You have become one of 10 lucky person!

YOU A WINNA!

YOU A WINNA!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

you a vewy wucky pehson

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Sending 2 ton cars from china for 500 dollors eh....Fecking komplett cant send a 17" monitor from holland for less tha 100 euro lol....Wtf falls for this **** like

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Originally posted by bizmark
    Sending 2 ton cars from china for 500 dollors eh....Fecking komplett cant send a 17" monitor from holland for less tha 100 euro lol....Wtf falls for this **** like
    they must be using GLS

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

They didn't say they were gonna ship it, they could drive to france and take a ferry, petrol is dirt cheap over that way, bet you could do it and have change for a cup of tea at the terminal when you arive in Dun Laoighre.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,064 ✭✭✭Gurgle

But they couldn't really claim it was new with 6,000 miles or so on it.

P.S. I'm not sure of the exact mileage from LIANG GUO CHENG to Le Harve.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

yeah, i still have an email from someone calling himself MR. TAMBO, who claims he'll give me 10 million - and supposedly i'm meant to give my bank account no...... me thinks no :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Maybe they send you a small die-cast model of the car???

I know thats what a radio station in England did!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

Banzai!!!

Advertisement