Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Doom3 vs Halflife2

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,391 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Half-life had a crap storyline. HL2 will probably have a crap storyline and more than likely doom3 will as well. However fps don't need good storylines to be good. HL suceeded because of the way you experienced the storyline, you rarely lost control of the character and felt more involved.

If Doom3 suceeds in scaring the sh*t out of me then I think it will have suceeded no matter if its during an epic rpg style quest storyline or if I'm sent to purge the minions from out of the evil pink fairies anus.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

:rolleyes:

Tard.

HL had an enjoyable pulp scfi/horror storyline, even with the shoddy B-movie ending. I'm loking forward to play HL2, but tbh, Doom3 is a brighter star on my horizon.
    It was one of the first proper games I ever played on the PC and I fucking loved it.
    4-player deathmatch would be pretty cool, 32-way mass matches work well in expansive areas and team-based games like DC, Tribes, BF, Flashpoint etc. but D3 is combat on a micro rather than macro scale.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

all the people who bang on about HL's story being so much better than doom's fail to realise theyre essentially the same story.

Doom:Scientists researching transporting matter through teleporters accidentally unleash hell.
    Half life:Scientists researching some kind of thingamajig accidentally unleash hordes of aliens.

Wow. ground breaking story there from half life :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,391 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'm sure carmack will do a team arena type update on Doom3 to allow bigger deathmatch games.

Advertisement