Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Freelander diesel

Options
  • 06-05-2004 9:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭

looking into buying a Freelander 02/03 TD4 commercial for the company......any feedback on this model?

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Depends on if you are buying it new or not.. what type of work is it gonna be used
    for, as in is it going to be towing trailers and on building sites etc or is it for carrying
    light loads and spinning around town??

Ive heard mixed reactions towards the freelander..

Some have said they are great to drive etc etc and others have said the complete
    opposite.

If you are looking for a workhorse for towing and carrying heavy loads and doing
    high mileage then I wouldnt go for the freelander, there are many better options
    there for the money you will spend on that.

If you're looking for something that looks good and is only for spinning around town
    and carrying the odd few bits and pieces then go for it..

Tox

• Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭Merrion

I agree - neither Freelander nor Discovery are workhorses. Defender is the working vehicle, IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

I heard last year that the No. 1 car the AA were called out to for breakdowns was the Freelander.
    You'd want to double-check that though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭dathi1

cheers....I'll do a test drive on Monday and see how I go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,486 ✭✭✭Redshift

I just got a Terrano 3.0 ltr turbo diesel from the job It's a bit more of a work horse than the freelander. I tow a three ton hoist with it and a load of tools and equipment in the back with no problems at all the only negatives I found was it has a very diesely sound to it and it's a bit rolly on corners but other than that its a great machine.

• Advertisement
Advertisement