Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Suit shops in the wesht?

• 06-05-2004 10:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭

Anybody know of any place to get decent (relatively cheap) suits in the Wesht? Preferably Galway city?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 577 ✭✭✭KoNiT

define cheap?

Eddie Murphy's men's wear, Ballyhaunis, Mayo.. If you spend over 180 he'll throw in a shirt & tie.

He's pretty good & won't let you out looking like a dogs dinner

People from Mayo, Roscommon & Galway go to his shop, it's open till 10pm on Tuesday & Wednesday.

If you buy a suit wednesday, its ready for collection by friday if alterations are req.

I cann't recommend him enough

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭Superman

Originally posted by KoNiT
    define cheap?

Eddie Murphy's men's wear, Ballyhaunis, Mayo.. If you spend over 180 he'll throw in a shirt & tie.

He's pretty good & won't let you out looking like a dogs dinner

People from Mayo, Roscommon & Galway go to his shop, it's open till 10pm on Tuesday & Wednesday.

If you buy a suit wednesday, its ready for collection by friday if alterations are req.

I cann't recommend him enough

I am pretty sure, but i think my grandad used to go there and wouldn't go anywhere else. He got suits there for 40yr's and swears by him.

I'll find out the name of the place he went, buti'm pretty sure its this one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

I live near Ballyhaunis not near enough to smell the place however and it does smell :) Eddie's shop is indeed a good shop to go for ones suiting needs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Oh, I'll be needing to buy a suit in June, I may pop along to this young gents shop....

John

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭daveg

I always buy mine from Hanleys in shop Street. Excellent customer service, Good sales and a billiant selection.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

The VERY Back of Ryans (near the Church) has some trés natty suits and they should have a sale between now and June. Ryans sales are good (and frequent) .

While Hanleys has a lots of labels their prices are bleedin cruel and their sales are rather insipid, all they seem to do in sales are skanger shermanny shirts at 10% off and a few grevious ties. Ya cant wear skanger shermanny shirts with a proper suit lads :D .

M

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

Philip's in ballyhaunis (same hole as murphys) are doing suit shirt tie etc for 150 for the last well age.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭daveg

Originally posted by Muck
    The VERY Back of Ryans (near the Church) has some trés natty suits and they should have a sale between now and June. Ryans sales are good (and frequent) .

While Hanleys has a lots of labels their prices are bleedin cruel and their sales are rather insipid, all they seem to do in sales are skanger shermanny shirts at 10% off and a few grevious ties. Ya cant wear skanger shermanny shirts with a proper suit lads :D .

M

I'll have to disagree with you on both points Muck.

Hanleys - on the last 2 occasions I have bought a suit I ended up buying from Hanleys. On first occasion I bought a 3 peice suit, tie and shirt for a very reasonable price in the sale. Last occasion I bought another really nice suit/shirt and tie again in the sale. Perhaps I'm just lucky with the sales? More so the customer service is second to none.

Ryans - Worst fúcking mens shop ever. The last time I checked out suits in there I had to practically beg the guy to check sizes ect. Worst selection I have ever seen and the prices (compared to hanleys) were crazy.

There is a VERY cheap Menswear shop with a decent assortment in Loughrea, got a Remus Uomo suit there once for about IEP 150 down from IEP 250 or so at the time.

Going thru Loughrea heading east it is on the left Before the Post Office and Supemacs. Is it called Dervans , there are mens and womens sides to the one shop with separate doors.

The range is not fantastic but eeeeh bah gum they can do a sale. Country Tribune may tell ya if there is one coming up. Would check it if driving thru.

M

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

This is going to be a bit of a journey I am in the sligo area and there is a shop Lavin's menswear in ballymote (galway road from sligo 10mins from tubbercurry) which kicks the crap out of the prices in sligo town bought a suit there for €200 less than the ""cool"" high street, basically go ta free shirt tie and shoes at half price, and after agreeing a price he knocked off another twenty quid
    10 out of 10

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,280 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Ryans are pretty decent pricewise and carry Remus Uomo if you're in a hurry to get something decent, fast at a reasonable price. If you can wait, however, Hanleys do a great sale around the end of July / beginning of August, you may have to root around a bit, but you'd get a better suit for the same level of money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭subway_ie

Originally posted by Sleepy
    Ryans are pretty decent pricewise and carry Remus Uomo if you're in a hurry to get something decent, fast at a reasonable price. If you can wait, however, Hanleys do a great sale around the end of July / beginning of August, you may have to root around a bit, but you'd get a better suit for the same level of money.

I was in Hanleys last week - the sales people are pretty good, but they try to force the *really* expensive ones on you (understandably), €250 for the jacket, €90 for the shirt and €90 for the trousers. Just a *bit* steep. The guy in Ryans was good, honest, good selection, and pretty reasonable prices. I couldn't wait for the sales, since I need it in the next 2 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭redabbey

You are having a laugh!

Anybody promising a FREE SHIRT & TIE has it whacked into the price.

Let the buyer beware!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭Superman

my granda confirmed that eddie murphy's is good, an he has being livin in sligo for 80yrs!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭bbop

we will have less of the Ballyhaunis abusing people

what does "throw in" mean ?

M

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement