Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dun laoghaire College of further education:Television and video production

Options
  • 06-05-2004 11:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 947 ✭✭✭

Is this course any good?? The prospectus doesn't actually give much of an insight on what they cover. Have been looking for a good PLC course to get into either Dun laoghaire art and design doing film production or maybe Multimedia in DCU.

Actually is the multimedia course any good in DCU?? I've read the prospectus, but it doesn't actually tell you anything about the course, just the usual bull**** jargon ("product realisation").

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭Bazz

I'm doin a PLC course in Ballyer this year and applied to Mutimedia in Dun Laoighre. It's supposee to be very acedemic and incorporates a lot of programming and maths. I was considering DCu which I believe offers a more artistic aspect of Multimedia as well as the acedemic. In DCU the points for Multimedia are 475, which is ludcrous.

Both good courses I've heard from relieable sources.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 947 ✭✭✭neXus9

Thanks for the info.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭dangerman

bit irrelevant to ur original post. this is about multimedia in dun laoghaire Institute of Art, design technology :

but i've been there for the last 4 years doin ebusiness (which is kinda crappy), my bro did multimedia and i know a few of the multimedia heads there.

those that get to the 4th year of multimedia they are making mobile games and all sorts of whiz bang stuff its a decent course.

my bro just told me over my back that 'its what u put into it urself' which sounds like something he'd say the arty-farty bastard, but he has a point, he means u get a lot of space to go do what the hell you are interested in, particularly in 3rd + 4th year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 947 ✭✭✭neXus9

Originally posted by Bazz
    I'm doin a PLC course in Ballyer this year and applied to Mutimedia in Dun Laoighre. It's supposee to be very acedemic and incorporates a lot of programming and maths. I was considering DCu which I believe offers a more artistic aspect of Multimedia as well as the acedemic. In DCU the points for Multimedia are 475, which is ludcrous.

Both good courses I've heard from relieable sources.

Does the DCU course offer anything computer related, like flash and web development?

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭atgate

Hi neXus9

Most of the PLC courses in Film/Media are similar -covers a wide bredth of subjects but quite superficially. The only real problem with all those courses is that all the projects seem to be group based which isn't a great help for your portfolio. If you want to do Film & TV in Dun Laoghaire (film course now a 4 year BA under the National Film School title) you'd need to suppliment the film work you'd do in a PLC course and do some individual video work so they could clearly see some of your input.

Dun L also run a summer school in Film and a part-time course during term time (the courses are usually run by ex-students so the know the score with getting into the course and how good the course is).

PM me if you need any more info (on the Film & TV course).

A

• Advertisement
Advertisement