Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tax liability?

Options
  • 07-05-2004 12:44am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

A company in the UK is hiring me on a Self employed basis to carry out a small amoutn of undercover retail monitoring/auditing work in Dublin. Do I declare this for taxation purposes here? My reports etc go back to the UK and they issue a cheque payment for the work and expenses.

I wonder if I need to pay tax on this in Ireland and is it possible to be self emplyed and also PAYE registered at same time and how messy the whole thing is.

Thanks

Cuddles

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,774 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

Yes you have to declare it, at the end of the year you have to do a tax return (a form 12) you fill in the details from your P60 and also declare any additional income on it, the revenue wil then send you a form back looking for X in tax, BTW you will be taxed at 42% on the lot AFAIK so you might consider that when pricing the job

• Registered Users Posts: 78,371 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Originally posted by cuddles_ie
    A company in the UK is hiring me on a Self employed basis to carry out a small amoutn of undercover retail monitoring/auditing work in Dublin.
    Being self-employed creates liability issues for you if this is contentious work.
    Originally posted by cuddles_ie
    I wonder if I need to pay tax on this in Ireland and is it possible to be self emplyed and also PAYE registered at same time and how messy the whole thing is.
    Yes, being registered as both is quite common.
    Originally posted by Nuttzz
    [B BTW you will be taxed at 42% on the lot AFAIK so you might consider that when pricing the job [/B]
    This will purely be down to tax bands and credits, i.e. how much cuddles will earn in the year. Note the PRSI would be lower though.

Advertisement