Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2 Many DJ's: Anyone see them tonight?

• 07-05-2004 1:16am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,335 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone saw 2 Many DJ's playing in the Red Box tonight?

Soulwax have a new album out in August, BTW. :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

Iv eseen them before (galway) and they were savage, im actually gonna see them tonight at the Trinity ball, they are on at 3am-5am, two whole hours of there madness, should be a laugh.

Anybody else see them?

Sean

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭disco_rob_funk

What can I say?

Legends among men.

The only act in 3 years of trinity ball-dom I've bothered staying at for more than 5 minutes (try the whole two hours!).

I'll post up a couple of short vids I got of them on monday.

RC

PS will it be a new "soulwax" or "radio soulwax" album?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

was at the redbox gig

still think theyre poor

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭drane2

Ah they're pretty good if you don't expect anything spectacular. I seen them at a festival in France last year, and even though what they were doing is kind of simple, tey do it with some style and it was great fun to watch. Can't wait to see them at Sonar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭disco_rob_funk

Try these out for size:

Vids of 2MDJs at TCD ball last friday:

http://www.maths.tcd.ie/~frink/mvi_1074.avi
    http://www.maths.tcd.ie/~frink/mvi_1075.avi
    http://www.maths.tcd.ie/~frink/mvi_1068.avi
    http://www.maths.tcd.ie/~frink/mvi_1057.avi

try and queue up the second to play right after the first.

As class as the vids are, I didn't capture the REALLY good shiit; I was too busy absolutely giving it socks.

I've never seen anything like this; you all should have been there.

RC

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 820 ✭✭✭qBot

Are they playing in Limerick anytime soon. I have radio soulwax pt2 and it's amazing. i'd love to see em live

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

Please disco_rob_funk, say you have more video of the set?

I was there from start to finish and though it was one of the best dj sets ive ever heard, They got the crowd going fúcking mental, (as seen in the vids),

I thought the set in galway was good, but the trinity set blew it out of the water!

Please post more vid's, or PM me.

Sean

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 MarkT

They were a hell of a lot better than I thought they would be (Rexd Box gig). I have to admit I was fairly sceptical. While I think most of the album works and I praise theur originality- some of it is just wrong...Im thinking of that 'Eple' and 'Dolly Parton' abomination. However they really blew the roof off of the Red Box and had me giving it loads to tunes I never thought I'd be caught dead dancing to. Just goes to show...:eek:

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

great vids disoc rob, looks like a ****ing quality night
    I'm really really pissed off I didnt see them in the redbox, im going through rough times at home which permitted me to not going :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭SeeYouJimmy

was it me or was one of the dudes scratching with rubber gloves on when they were playing the redbox?

i could have been hallucinating....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,335 ✭✭✭radiospan

The new album is from Soulwax, the "rock band".

It's the follow-up to "Much Against Everyone's Advice", it's called "Any Minute Now".

One track has already leaked, "This Is The Excuse". Very good electro/punk tune, with LCD Soundsystem doing the vocals.

Some new "unofficial" As Heard on Radio Soulwax mixes have been released on the net recently too. Part 9 is the latest.

There's also a new line of 2MDJ's mixes called "Soulwax Presents: Hang All DJ's". Volume's 1 to 5 should be easy enough to find on Soulseek or eMule.

Any word on the Dewaele brothers coming to Cork?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭Lisa_Lavish

thought they were fantastic in the redbox last week tho it took them abt 40mins 2 get in2 but wen they did the redbox crowd nearly took off,they always create such a crazy atmophere...cant wait 2 c them again in homelands in 2weeks...delighted to hear they have a new album comin out in august....&helix ur think every1 is poor lol how do u even remember them in the redbox...u were so messed up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

youd be surprised what i can remember when im messed up

at least i dont shout raaa raaa raaa and eat items in burger king im not meant tho tho

lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

disco_rob_funk are those clips recorded from a mobile phone?

B.

Advertisement