Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

line passes test on eircom's site

• 07-05-2004 9:42am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,961 ✭✭✭

Last Thursday I got a phoneline installed, and today it passes the test for bb on eircoms' site, but not on utv or iol. How long til it shows up on their sites?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,961 ✭✭✭rocky

q about iol/utv :

the price of 33/30 yoyos a month is only if you switch to their phone service, right? Do you have to make calls over 25 euro to get it?

I mean, you would pay 25 (subscription) + 33/30 (bb) + 25 (at least for phone calls) = 80/83 per month

And eircom: 25 (subscr) + 40 (bb) = 65 per month

did I get this right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 959 ✭✭✭kin9pin

Don't know about IOL, but UTV have no terms regarding your phone calls.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭Davey Devil

Here's the links you are looking for, have a go yourself looking for the info. One tip for you: IOL don't require you to sign up to their phone service, but if you do you get cheaper rates. There is 2 phone packages (Advantage and Advantage Plus).

Esat BT Advantage
    Home phone rates are ALWAYS cheaper than eircom - even against their best options gold package. (must spend minimum of €25 per month includes mobile calls).

Esat BT Advantage PLUS
    For €25 per month, you can call any Irish fixed line local and national (32 counties) phone number for up to an hour each call as many times as you like!

www.iol.ie

www.u.tv

hmm...

Is iol's download cap 8 GB, or upload +download, combined?

eircom's in this case is 5 GB, 4 down, 1 up

edit: it's 8GB download...

IOL BB has a download cap of 8 GB and an upload cap of 8 GB.

They are not combined.

IOL BB PLUS has a download cap of 16 GB and an upload cap of 16 GB.

They are not combined.

• Advertisement

thanks davey.

what about the time it takes from ordering to getting it installed?

It's 15 working days for IOL, what about eircom?

From what I hear IOL is about a 15 day minumum, I don't know what they have working in that office of their's but reports of missing forms and lost orders are the norm.

Eircom on the other hand are far more competent in this process. Damn I just said something good about Eircom :eek:

As you get double the cap with IOL I would be prepared to wait that bit longer - supposes it depends how much intend downloading each month.

darn, in 3 weeks of waiting I'll spend a fortune on dial-up :(

Just ordered broadband from IOL. 10 working days to account activation, said the web page.

and the countdown begins.

• Advertisement

could I upgrade later to 16 GB, if I need it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

rocky it would be worth your while going to utv,/utv and iol go on eircom line pass so if your eircom line passes you should be grand,utv is by far cheaper,speeds and excellent pings are excellent they have a cap but isent enforced yet and no upload cap and local call support(and the support is good they know stuff rather than eircom anyway

I ordered from IOL already, because I don't make 25 euro worth of phone calls each month.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,940 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

IOL is a much more sensible option than utv, you made the right choice. IOL = good downloads + good pings at a good price

I thought I let everyone know... today I got the modem, it's the black one zyxel623R-T1. I can't wait to get home to install it!

Any tips? ;)

Package contents:

modem
    2 single filters, 1 double-port filter
    LAN, usb and phone cable
    power adapter
    user manual
    1 cd IOL BB, 1 CD Norton Internet Security

The account was enabled on May 18th.

WHOA!

Advertisement