Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Simon and Garfunkel playing Dublin

Options
  • 07-05-2004 10:15am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭

Is this totally the wrong forum for such a thread? Well anyway, I just heard that Simon and Garfunkel are going to be playing the RDS on July 17th. Tickets go on sale on Thursday, and range from 55 euro to 130 euro, and are limited to four per person.

Anyone else excited by this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭davej

I'd definitely be interested in this, I've seen Garfunkel play in the Olympia before but the two of them together would be something special....

davej

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Jaden

I'm a life-long S&G fan. I've been waiting for this for 15 years or so. Deffo going. Gig of the year I reckon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭roxy

Yes. The 'Old Friends' tour. Due to their advanced age, I'm a bit hesitant about going. I'm always like that with my favourite comedians and musicians whose heyday was in the 60s and 70s. It's a little depressing to see them shrivelled now.

That said, I'm delighted that this will be Paul Simon's second time to play in Ireland in 2 years, the most recent time being in Kilkenny in July 2002. Now that was the most amazing day! Good god.

As I was saying on another message board, I bet they never thought they'd be singing the line "How terribly strange to be seventy" when they'll be heading towards that age themselves in a few years.

Hmm 130 quid though. Incredible. The Kilkenny gig included paul simon, van morrison, fun lovin criminals, the blind boys of alabama and a few others and the tickets were €50 at the most I think. Mercy me.

Advertisement