Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Schuey for a 5th win?

• 07-05-2004 10:26am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭

Schumacher has won the frst four races and he made it look easy. Can he do it again this weekend?
    Apparently it's his 200th race so he'll be more hungry than ever to win and smash more records while he's at it!!
    Any predictions for the race and can anyone beat him? I'm putting my money on Montoya to win and points for Jenson, Ralf, Rubens, Fernando and hopefully Kimi. I reckon Kimi will be very stong this weekend, providing the engine holds up!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭m4cker

unfortunately he probably will win. lousy kraut

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Yup, this season's podium

Schumacher
    Barrichello
    Button

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Kersh

Jenson will win. Hopefully,

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭brainstorm

im sick of schumi wiping the floor with everyone.. he was a bit back in practice this morning and then hammers everyone.... fair play but its getting boring

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Well, we can all blame JB for that!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Dr. Dre

Heh, and it turns out he had to nurse the car for pretty much the entire race (despite getting the fatest lap) - due to the cracked exhaust.
    The mind boggles tbh.

Monaco will be interesting though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Ya the mans a driveing god tbh but by christ its getting boreing at this point

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭Washout

Anyone got a website on statistics such as viewerships of gp.?

Id be interested to see if there is a major drop off in ppl watching F1. i have 4 brothers who all like the sport and now none of us watch it.

And its going to be the same all season. Consider this - Schumi qualified with 10 laps of fuel, and he did a 1:15.022. During the race (before exhaust problems), right before his pitstop on empty tanks he did a 1:17.8 or so. a whole 2.8 secs SLOWER than his pole time(when he had fuel on board). So he was seriously sandbagging in that race.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 921 ✭✭✭Ciaran

The tyres would have been slower by then though and iirc he didn't get a full lap without Trulli in front of him before the exhaust broke.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 40,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

I actually fell asleep during the race and woke up with about 10 laps to go. It had been that boring as they were literally going round and round.
    However, I don't think MS/Ferrari is to blame (as is a common consensus). It is the other teams who are at fault for not building [as-] competitive cars!
    F1 has lost pretty much all the appeal that was there when I first got into it. Where is the overtaking and proper racing? It is all down to split second pit stop timings now.
    Ban the pit stops, I say!
    Alternatively, have each car driven by two people who change at the one pit stop that is permitted (similar to endurance races e.g. Le Mans)

Tyres dont lose 2 seconds a lap after 10 laps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭bop1977

f1 would b more interesting if the directors would only show the real action in the mid field rather than shui driving circles round every1 else. its pretty garinteed that shui will win most races this season but there is a lot of action futher back than the first 3 to 4 cars that are always shown driving past every1 with the help of blue flags

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

to be honest i'm sick of people blaming schumi for winning all the time. he wins because he's the best driver. most drivers would have gone crazy and paniced if their exhaust was cracked and making funny noises. JB really showed he can't handle the pressure there. he had a better car then most (arguably better then the ferrari IMO) and came nowhere.

it's not ferrari or schumi's fault: it's everyone elses for not catching up. that's their job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Dman_15

Who is going to stop him? Button?

All the changes in the world wont make formula one closer, quite the opposite in my opinion. When will they learn that all the changes make it more difficult for the smaller teams to adapt whereas big teams like Ferrari take it in their stride. If you want action watch the british touring cars. F1 is a motorsport where money wins. Issue each team with the same budget and or chassis at the start of each season and see what happens

Advertisement