Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

worst, most suckiest film in all existence..??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭CivilServant

Hellraiser 3 had one good scene :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Lu[ifer

xxx
    mr deeds

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Gothika.....what a load of w@nk!

also anything with Steven-12 chins-Segal!

12 chins "she's russian"
    obligatory rookie cop "how do you know?"
    12 chins "her cheekbones"

give me a break!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭Superman

I was in my video store and the clerk actually recomended 13 (the **** girly flick) to somebody!

I spoke out and recomened somethin else.... he gave me a very very distaining look :(!

yeah knock off is shit, its crazy how some of the scenes don't even link, suprise suprise it was on RTE last week.
    Alot of newer action films are useless, like they were ok in the 80's, cause it was the 80's and explosions were cool (or "rad" as they said back then)!

I think its safe to say nearly if not all, yes all, Liz Hurley films are crap. How anyone thought it would be a good idea to make "bedazzled" is beyond me. And all those very repetative Hugh Grant romantic comedies, the only film I can sit through with him in it is "mickey Blue Eye's".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

Well...i watched Whalerider the other day and words cannot really describe how underwhelmed i was by that movie. I found it boring, predictable and how that little girl got an oscar nomination is beyond a joke...i've seen better episodes of glenroe...

But i suppose the worst, most suckiest film in all existence would have to be the thin red line....i found that to be utter pretentious wankology and boring to boot.

p

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Originally posted by Superman
    I think its safe to say nearly if not all, yes all, Liz Hurley films are crap. How anyone thought it would be a good idea to make "bedazzled" is beyond me.
    I thought the first three quarters of it were very good. The 'god loves us' last quarter is better forgotten though.

The Matrix sequels stand out as films i've seen recently that were really, really bad. Pearl Harbour too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

Beaches .... Steel Magnolias .... Coyote Ugly .... Glimmer ....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭Wacker

I really liked both Ali and the Thin Red Line actually, and I own the DVDs of both.

I could see why people would dislike The Thin Red Line, but Ali? I don't see anythging in that strikes me as hateable. Is that a word?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭LoneGunM@n

Without doubt, the worst movies I have ever had the displeasure to watch were:

28 Days [Sandra Bullock] - otherhalf wanted to see it! Note to self, stop letting her pick flicks (there have been more)!
    Spiceworld - I've thrown up more enteraining things than that flick :mad:
    Beaches - Oh dear god, did any1 else want to find Better Midler & feed her a bullet?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭LoneGunM@n

Originally posted by Gideon
    Pacific Heights

I have to say I really liked that movie ... I thought it was one of Michael Keaton's better performances :dunno:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭munster rucker

Star Wars II: Attack of the Clones - i still haven't been able to sit through the whole thing.
    And while it's fresh in my mind from last night - that remake of Battlestar Galactica is diabolical:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭invincibleirish

dreamcatcher.........oh man i hate that movie........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

I had the shame of seeing Mr. Nanny in the cinema when I was a youngin' with my little sister.

Horrid nightmare of a film tbh.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Originally posted by Hydromonkey
    Knock Off - Jean Claud Van Dam film about counterfeit jeans. So horribly bad its funny, but i'm into my crap films for comedy value

OMG! I had the misfortune of watching that film of one night some years ago. It was woeful. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Nick_oliveri

Rob zombie- House of a thousand corpses.
    Whats with all these mutilated redneck movies?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Gone in 60 Seconds - the only time I've ever come out of a cinema and wanted to throttle the guy behind the desk until he gave me my money back.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭de5p0i1er

This will never end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭Clinical Waste

Moulin Rouge.

What a big steamy pile of poo that was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭Wacker

I seem to be playing Devil's Advocate a fair bit here. I liked the Battlestar Gallactica remake. But to each their own.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Kêrmêttê

Monsters Ball...
    Halle Berry got an oscar for gettin nekkid?? wtf??
    I spose it's all riviting stuff for blokes but being a girlie myself I was bored senseless.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

Ghost dog.

I want those 2 hours of my life back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 380 ✭✭dogs

I would gladly watch every film mentioned already in this thread while having hot needles shoved into my eyes before I'd go through the agony of Seabiscuit again.

Unfortunatley, it was a first date thing too - I couldnt leave :(. Unsuprisingly, I didn't meet her again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 TOMSIE

surprised nobody mentioned these 2 Mission to mars made me want to kill myself and the X files movie was also painfully bad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55 ✭✭unklefiction

White Mans Burden - John Travolta has a lot to thank Quentin tarantino for if this was his efforts beforehand truly truly awful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭joe_chicken

Originally posted by rabbitinlights
    Ghost dog.

I want those 2 hours of my life back.

Agreed!

Ghost Dog = Pants

(dont let anyone tell you otherwise!!!)

what particularly annoyed me was the way he kept taking out his gun!!!

and Forrest Whittaker (although a good actor) isnt a convincing gun wielding ninja

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭RossFixxxed

Here's some movies I really hated. I know a some of these are well liked movies (Kill Bill) but to each their own. If you like em, kick ass.

Matrix: Reloaded
    Kill Bill (Admittedly I haven't seen volume 2, but I think I'll skip)
    Great Expectations (The Paltrow remake god almighty awful)
    Moulin Rouge
    Cube 2 (AMAZINGLY bad)
    Star Wars Episodes 1 and 2
    Long Time Dead
    Hulk
    Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon (It's not quite Once Upon a Time, or Fong Sai Yuk, or the awesome might of Om Bak(Martial arts fans watch this, it might also be called Muai Thai Warrior, the guy is AMAZING, no wires))
    Lord of the Rings The Two Towers
    The 6th Day
    Godzilla
    Lost in Space (oh man)
    Tomb Raider 1 and 2
    Blair Witch
    Batman 3 and 4
    The Crow 2 (LOVED the original)
    MAGNOLIA (tedioius beyond all human tolerance)
    Mortal Kombat 2
    Any video game movie
    Mad Max 3 Beyond Thunderdome (Tina Turner?)
    Black Mask
    Schindler's List (totally cynical and heartless)
    A.I. (ohhhh lordy the ending)
    Signs
    The Cell
    Vanilla Sky

A few that I love that got mentioned here:

Dude Where's My Car? (I LOVE this movie. Great stupid silly stoner film, gives me a good laugh any time)
    A Beautiful Mind (I really liked it!)

KISS OF THE DRAGON one of my favourite movies! It totally turned me onto so many amazing action movies. I truly love the quirky sense of humour, Richard is the most evil guy ever and the fight scenes are awesome. So so awesome. But hey that's my kinda thing.

::::::::::::::: Tangent ::::::::::::::::::::
    The one thing I HATE is people getting into stupid arguments about this. Someone here hated Kiss of the Dragon, that's cool, I love it. I can't get over the retards on IMDB and elsewhere that get so nasty and personal and righteous. Saying "**** off and watch <insert Donnie Darko or Fight Club here> and come back and talk to me aobut cinema." (I liked Donnie Darko, thought Fight Club was great, these are the 2 that always get mentioned on IMDB as being the most intellignet movies someone can watch). It's amazing. I like anything from pretentious french movies, david lynch right to Rambo (LOVE rambo 1, 2 and 3). I despise that arrogant pseudo-intellectual crap that these people spout. A good movie is one you walk out of thinking "man that was great!" Easy as that. Thanks for the rant!

Originally posted by RossFixxxed
    ::::::::::::::: Tangent ::::::::::::::::::::
    The one thing I HATE is people getting into stupid arguments about this. Someone here hated Kiss of the Dragon, that's cool, I love it. I can't get over the retards on IMDB and elsewhere that get so nasty and personal and righteous. Saying "**** off and watch <insert Donnie Darko or Fight Club here> and come back and talk to me aobut cinema." (I liked Donnie Darko, thought Fight Club was great, these are the 2 that always get mentioned on IMDB as being the most intellignet movies someone can watch). It's amazing. I like anything from pretentious french movies, david lynch right to Rambo (LOVE rambo 1, 2 and 3). I despise that arrogant pseudo-intellectual crap that these people spout. A good movie is one you walk out of thinking "man that was great!" Easy as that. Thanks for the rant!

I give that rant 10/10!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭minority

Fear and loathing in Los Vegas.
    Any David Lynch movie
    Donnie Darko

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Hell comes to frogtown
    Species 1+2
    Jaws 3+
    Nightmare on elm st 3+
    Hellraoser 2+
    Fist of the northstar
    Any movie with Blonde in the title :D
    Friday the 13th 3+
    Any movie with j-lo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

Originally posted by minority
    Fear and loathing in Los Vegas.
    Any David Lynch movie
    Donnie Darko

are you mad? donnie darko is one of the best films ive seen in a long time

Murder at devils glen
    mission to mars
    spice girls movie
    street fighter
    Duel(stephen spielberg film that sucked so bad)
    i could go on probably

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,986 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Originally posted by evad_lhorg
    Duel

Are YOU mad! Classic film!

Originally posted by Venom
    Any movie with j-lo

what about Out of Sight.... i liked that movie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

peaches
    titanic
    tomb raider 1+2
    blair witch2
    spiceworld
    turbo - power rangers film
    home alone 3+4
    not quite human2
    mulan
    mario brothers movie
    superman 3+4

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,945 ✭✭✭BEAT

the worst movie I ever sat through expecting "something" to happen..waiting and waiting and waiting and nothing ever did happen...
    About Schmidt with Jack Nicholson.
    I hated that movie...it just dragged and dragged and wasted 2 hours of my life!
    I waitied iut out hoping it would get better and it never, never did.:mad:

the worst movie I ever sat through expecting "something" to happen..waiting and waiting and waiting and nothing ever did happen...
    About Schmidt with Jack Nicholson.the worst movie I ever sat through expecting "something" to happen..waiting and waiting and waiting and nothing ever did happen...

thats one scary film. Kathy Bates nude. AGGGHHHH, I could feel the hairs on the back of my neck stand on end.

Originally posted by Giblet
    Are YOU mad! Classic film!

whats classic about it? its so boring and has a crap ending

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭minority

Originally posted by evad_lhorg
    whats classic about it? its so boring and has a crap ending

You must be talking about Donnie Darko :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Freddy got fingered :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭embee

1)Titanic.

It really beggars belief that a film as bad as this can win the same amount of Oscars as Lord Of The Rings : The Return Of The King or Ben Hur.

2)Stargate.

I fell asleep in the cinema for half an hour during this. I woke up and still knew exactly what was going to happen.

3)Spin The Bottle

After seeing Pathways to Freedom, I was expecting this to be so much better than it was.

4)Scary Movie I, II & III.

Words fail me.

5)Swordfish

The "highlight" of this was apparently when Halle Berry flashed her tits. It was about computers, hackers, money. Boring, boring, boring.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Kazu

Kill Bill 1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Mighty_Mouse

I've so many. But "The Last Samuri" OMG- wanted to tear my hair out!
    Oh ya and "Thin Red Line" !!!!!!!!!!ARRRRGH

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Ted_striker

What I cant understand is that this thread has gone on for 5 pages and nobody as far as I can see has mentioned The Sweetest Thing .Absolute cocksnot .I always recommend it to everyone I hate .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭kahlua

The League of Extroardinary Gentlemen

It made baby Jesus cry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Ellesmere

Stevan Segal's sadistic environmentalist action flick 'On Deadly Ground'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭vega_AH64

The hills have eyes..

one of the ****tiest movies ever.

oh tit_anic. what a pile of sham ****e.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Windtalkers remains the most soul sucking agony of my entire life. I wake up shrieking in cold sweats after nightmares that just consist of me sitting and watching the film again. I've a big scar where a flowing headwound was left unstitched. I sat my Leaving Cert Irish moments after breaking a finger. I once had my hand locked in a car boot. I was attacked by a dog. I took a vertical slice to the head from a hurley without a helmet.

I would gladly do all these things again, at once, while on fire, barefoot on broken glass, with large men hurling abuse and rocks at me, rather than watch Windtalkers again. Every second is a gurning ego trip for all involved. Even though its directed by John Woo (John WOO!) the action sequences are boring. The same five extras run in a little circle around the only tank they could afford. Then we see some Japanese guys speaking to each other in a shed. Then there's some stock footage of a ship/ cannon/ plane and some harmless looking pyrotechnics kill the 5 faceless extras, no matter how far away they go off. Nicholas Cage gurns for a few seconds and then saves everybody. Repeat this about 7 times, have Christian Slater in it for no apparent reason, and stop just long enought to have the most jaw droppingly stupid scene EVER! (If anybody can explain how Nicholas Cage's character only went deaf in one ear after being completely blown up, I'd like to hear it.)

The film is so bad, it actually feels like a genuine parody of the traditional gung ho war flick, were it not for Cage's damn earnest gurning. Every single scene he has an expression like there's a small animal trying to eat its way out of his head.

The problem is, my brother is not only a big WWII nut, he's also bigger than me. So I've watched the damn thing repeatedly.

The only film I hate nearly as much is Underworld, but just talking about that sends me spiralling off into a dangerous depression...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Originally posted by jill_valentine
    The only film I hate nearly as much is Underworld, but just talking about that sends me spiralling off into a dangerous depression...
    ah come on!
    vampires, werewolves and Kate Beckinswotsit... what's not to like?:)

just remembered

waterworld
    cut throat island

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

I was going to post a link to Rod Hiltons' Abridged scripts, but its down at the moment. So here it is. Its lengthy, but I think it pretty much sums up everything bad about Underworld.

UNDERWORLD: THE ABRIDGED SCRIPT™

By Rod Hilton

FADE IN:

EXT. POORLY LIT CITY

KATE BECKINSALE is perched atop a huge tower, being very
    GOTH.

KATE BECKINSALE (V.O.)
    I am a vampire, one of many
    involved in an underground war.
    When not killing werewolves, I go to
    raves that play industrial rock, buy
    new trenchcoats, rip holes in my
    mesh stockings, and post to my
    livejournal.

She spots some WEREWOLVES who are following SCOTT SPEEDMAN,
    and CHASES them into the subway.

INT. SUBWAY

A badly choreographed, horribly shot gunfight ensues.

RANDOM VAMPIRE
    ****! The camera is moving around
    so suddenly and shakily I can't tell
    what's going on!

He is shot with a GLOWING BLUE BULLET.

RANDOM VAMPIRE
    Gark! Bury me with my collection of
    Anne Rice novels!
    (dies)

The gunfight continues, and it is very LOUD and therefore
    GOOD. Just when it looks like it might end, it CONTINUES
    instead. Eventually, it stops. KATE goes back to VAMPIRE
    HEADQUARTERS.

INT. BIG GOTH MANSION

KATE BECKINSALE enters the mansion, pushing past a bunch of
    VAMPIRES writing POETRY and practicing looking SULLEN. She
    goes to THE WEAPON VAMPIRE GUY

KATE BECKINSALE
    Random Vampire got shot with this
    and it killed him.

WEAPON VAMPIRE GUY
    (investigating)
    Wow. It's daylight, compressed
    into bullet form!

Before the AUDIENCE MEMBERS have time to leave, SHANE
    BROLLY enters.

SHANE BROLLY
    I am the lead vampire and I'm a son
    of a bitch. I love you Kate
    Beckinsale, but I also hate you.

KATE BECKINSALE
    Sorry, I'm falling for Scott
    Speedman, a human!

She leaves to find him.

INT. SCOTT SPEEDMAN'S APARTMENT

SCOTT SPEEDMAN enters and is ACCOSTED by KATE BECKINSALE.

KATE BECKINSALE
    Why were those werewolves after
    you?

SCOTT SPEEDMAN
    Those what?

KATE BECKINSALE
    You're caught in the middle of a
    war that has been raging for
    hundreds of years. The battle is
    between vampires and werewolves, and
    now the werewolves are after you as
    part of their plan to rise up
    against the vampires.

SCOTT SPEEDMAN
    (shocked)
    Oh my god.

KATE BECKINSALE
    Surprised?

SCOTT SPEEDMAN
    No, I just can't believe you said
    that with a straight face. I mean,
    holy ****.

Suddenly, MICHAEL SHEEN enters.

MICHAEL SHEEN
    I am a werewolf!
    (bites Scott)
    And now you are too!

There is a brief gunfight that goes nowhere. Eventually,
    KATE and SCOTT escape.

INT. SECLUDED DOCTOR'S OFFICE OR SOMETHING

KATE handcuffs SCOTT to a chair.

KATE BECKINSALE
    I'm sorry. You will turn into a
    werewolf, so I am doing this for
    your protection.

SCOTT SPEEDMAN
    Wait so, for my protection, you're
    handcuffing me to a chair so that
    the legion of werewolves coming
    after me will easily be able to
    capture me because I am unable to
    run.

KATE BECKINSALE
    Look, we've spent like an hour of
    this movie just running around
    trying to find people. I'll need
    you again, let's not torture the
    audience.

SCOTT SPEEDMAN
    I think it's too late for that.

KATE LEAVES.

INT. BIG GOTH MANSION

KATE revives BILL NIGHY, the head vampire. He looks
    ****ING RIDICULOUS.

KATE BECKINSALE
    Oh my god, THIS is the special
    effect for you as you get your power
    back? This is awful.

BILL NIGHY
    Kate, you have gone against the
    chain of command in the vamp--

KATE BECKINSALE
    Holy crap, have you seen yourself
    talk? Are these scenes supposed to
    be taken seriously?

BILL NIGHY
    Get out! You're banished from the
    mansion!

KATE RETURNS to the DOCTOR'S OFFICE.

KATE BECKINSALE
    Scott, I've got to get you out of
    here.

SCOTT is captured, so KATE will have to go searching for
    him again. There is a GUNFIGHT and it SUCKS. Eventually,
    everyone winds up in the sewers.

INT. SEWERS

MICHAEL SHEEN injects SCOTT SPEEDMAN with some crap.

SCOTT SPEEDMAN
    So, what the hell is going on it
    here? That other werewolf tried to
    explain it earlier, but his accent
    was incomprehensible.

MICHAEL SHEEN
    Shane Brolly, the lead vampire guy,
    has been secretly working with me to
    allow me to find you. Because of
    some crap about descendants and
    bloodlines, if you are bitten by
    both vampire and werewolf, you
    become a hybrid, which would allow
    us to finally end this war. The war
    started when Bill Nighly killed my
    girlfriend, his daughter, for being
    with me, because he doesn't want the
    two species to mix.

KATE BECKINSALE arrives. Also, MICHAEL SHEEN is shot with
    a bullet that kills werewolves.

SCOTT SPEEDMAN
    Kate! I know how the war started! I
    finally read the script!

KATE BECKINSALE
    There's a script? I thought this
    whole movie was the product of
    special effects guys and
    cinematographers.

Suddenly, SHANE BROLLY arrives.

SHANE BROLLY
    Hello, Scott. I have betrayed the
    vampire order specifically so that
    Michael could create the
    werewolf/vampire hybrid, and now
    that it has finally happened, I will
    attempt to kill you, despite the
    fact that such a thing is grossly
    inconsistent with my actions thus
    far.

He does.

MICHAEL SHEEN
    (not dead)
    Even though I was shot with a
    bullet that always kills werewolves,
    I am not dead for some reason.
    Kate, if you bite Scott, it will
    turn him into a cross between a
    vampire, a werewolf, and a member of
    the Blue Man Group.
    (dies)

She does. SCOTT transforms into the ULTIMATE RIDICULOUS
    CREATURE IN A RIDICULOUS MOVIE.

BILL NIGHY
    You are an abomination! I will
    destroy you using my Vampire Geezer
    powers!

They FIGHT. BILL is about to win when suddenly, KATE
    BECKINSALE picks up a sword and jumps to the other side of
    the room, nowhere near BILL. When she lands, she is holding
    a perfectly clean sword.

BILL NIGHY
    Uh oh. I hope you didn't do what I
    think you did. Let me just stand up
    very straight so that I am in the
    very center of the frame..
    (half of his face slides
    off)
    Damn! I hate this shot! Why are
    movies doing this all the time now?
    This isn't how it works, people, ask
    a doctor!
    (dies)

KATE looks at her sword, which now has blood on it.

SCOTT SPEEDMAN
    Hooray! Soon the war will be over,
    leaving vampires and werewolves to
    be friends forever more.

KATE BECKINSALE
    Let's go buy long velvet
    trenchcoats and listen to The
    Smiths!

END

A damn sight more entertaining than the movie, in fact.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,269 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Some of the movies mentioned in here absolutely mystify me but then again, not everyone's taste can be as perfect as mine :p
    Originally posted by Kêrmêttê
    Monsters Ball...
    Halle Berry got an oscar for gettin nekkid?? wtf??
    No, she got an Oscar for being black and playing the "if you don't give me the Oscar the Academy is rascist" card.

Now, truly the most turgid piece of dog**** I've ever watched: "Happiness". Now listen up Todd Solondz: depravity for the sake of depravity is not art. How can a director take such an impressive cast and produce such utter ****?

• Advertisement
Advertisement