Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

worst, most suckiest film in all existence..??

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 calculon

iiiiiiiiiiin #1: TITANIC (little sister LOVED it, saw it three times in cinema, talked about it all summer, bought video/soundtrack on day of release, watched it non stop for MONTHS, then when it was on twice on that xmas day, we got to sit thru it TWICE. suicidal thoughts or what??) {it is funny when that guy falls off the back and hits the propellor though}

iiiiiiiiiin #2: any best of the best movie(except the first obviously)

iiiiiiiiiin#3: moulin rouge (see #1, delete xmas bit)

iiiiiiiiiiiin#4 steel magnolias (wtf????)

iiiiiiiiiiin#5: super mario bros/streetfighter the movie (destroyed two powerful licences)

too many more to mention; american ninja/under siege2/three ninjas/teenage mutant hero turtles2+3(why a third???)/the breakfast club.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 596 ✭✭✭DirtyDog

The one and only movie I've ever walked out of the cinema over - The Avengers... really really really really really really bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭MidnightQueen

I think it would have to be

"Fight Club". *Waves to Rabies* :D

2 me it was the worst film Brad Pitt was ever in and the film had a pointless story line! I just didnt get it. I demand 2 hours of my life back! :mad: :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Originally posted by KittyKat
    I just didnt get it.

So just because you didn't get it, it's automatically a bad film?

Go watch it again, and this time pay attention to it's themes, and you'll find it's the furthest thing from 'Plotless' imaginable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Ruxpin

I've only taken a quick look through the postings but I'm surprised not to see 'Battlefield Earth' amoung them. We watched it one evening to see if it was as bad as the reviews had suggested and it was. The entire thing was absolute rubbish, drivel to the core.

The Avengers was another total turkey, it was so bad I had to turn it off as I couldn't physically sit and watch it any longer.

I'm surprised to see Fight Club down though. I thought it was pretty good actually. Certainly compared to a lot of the mainstream stuff that comes out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭lodgepole

There's only two films that i've turned off in utter disgust and they are Battlefield Earth and Inspector Gadget. I love "so bad they're good" films and I love kids films, but those two were just ****ing terrible awful pieces of absolute **** that should never have been made.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

There are loads of bad movies being left out here

1. Flight of the Doves
    2 freddies nightmare
    3. Bride of chukie
    4. 28 Days later
    5. any of those "wannabe actor" movies from the eighties. fame dirty dancing tootsie etc etc

Originally posted by fcddunne
    3. Bride of chukie
    4. 28 Days later

What!?

Bride of Chucky was a great film altogether, definetly rates very highly on the 'So bad it's good' scale...
    But 28 Days Later was a fantastic film altogether.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 466 ✭✭fizzynicenice

Crouching tiger, hidden dragon, - what pure drivel.
    what, why, good god, I don't understand,
    but it was so good.
    your weird Kersh, stay away from my children.(not that I have any)

I hated Fast Sofa, and Bandits with Bruce Willis made me poo with disgust

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭RossFixxxed

jill_valentine: Oh dear god! Windtalkers! I forgot about that. I think your just mentioning the movie has given me cancer! I have to go lie down now, I think my Windtalkers induced brain damage is acting up.

Further to this thread:

Just 2 movies that came to mind as being so terrible they're actually loads of fun to watch with a group of friends and therefore in a way qualify as good:

Out for a Kill, with Segal, watch the trailer first LOL. Guess what the plot is!
    Derailed, with Jean Claude Van Damme. This is the cheapest ****tiest action movie you will ever see. The motor bike chase on top of the train is a classic. Batman the series looked better than this! Made me laugh a lot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

I was gonna say I was glad I wasn't alone in my hatred of Windwalkers, but it just such a tragedy that another had to endure it...god...good god...Maybe we should set up some sort of veterans association?

The only other movie that I can immediately recall thats anywhere near that level of crap is Runaway Car http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0120041/ If you haven’t seen this made for TV classic, (Generally shown at about 2 in the morning on TV3) its about a car which can’t stop. Like Speed, but somehow managing to be stupider. Of course, it just so happens that the car has three people and a baby in it at the time. “Starring” Judge Reinholt and the-guy-who-played-Jesus-in-the-Like-A-Prayer-video, this really has to be seen to be believed, and if you’re a little tipsy I wholeheartedly recommend it, it’s the most unintentionally funny film I’ve ever seen.

Witness the stand-out sequence, a ludicrous sequence where they…god…airlift the baby out of the sunroof with a helicopter. Of course they do this just in time to have the threat of a sudden baby/ flyover bridge interface. I was rooting for the bridge. I made a sign.

Witness the bonnet, which disappears and reappears at random.

Witness the car supposedly going at 100 miles per hour, when we can clearly see its not even breaking the speed limit.

Witness just how damn evil car companies are (EVERYTHING they touch in the car breaks off when they need it)

Witness the gritty Tarantino-standard dialogue. ("`It's not just a drawbridge-it's the end of the line')

Witness the breathtaking audacity required to tack on a Based on a True Stry disclaimer.

Through the entire mind-numbing 90 minutes, I don’t believe it ever occurs to anybody to try just switching off the engine.

The difference is, Runaway Car is just so bad its funny, whereas Windtalkers is so bad its awful. No amount of sleep deprivation or alcohol has demonstrated otherwise. But they do help me forget. God how I want to forget…

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭Doctor Funfrock

the elephant man worst film ive ever seen so so bad .. i want those precious minuttes back :mad:

Originally posted by Doctor Funfrock
    the elephant man worst film ive ever seen so so bad .. i want those precious minuttes back :mad:

DIE YOU GIT! YOU UTTER, UTTER SPATULA! :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 693 ✭✭✭brianomc

Don't forget Cast Away, i wish i could forget it. Tom Hanks, you the man, but what were you thinking.
    Thin Red Line and Cube spring to mind too.

Luckily i seem to have missed out on a lot of the movies said here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 pigeoncrumb

Pearl Harbor-

Worst movie I ever saw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭Wacker

Jill, I have never seen or heard of Runaway Car. But having read what you said above, I already love it. Sounds like it is rightup there with Commando, American Ninja and the 60's Batman movie for greatest so bad its good film ever.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,510 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Mars Attack followed very closely by the 3rd installment of The Matrix
    enuff said really...

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Trix

Originally posted by Pigman II

Lost in Translation
    no way thats a great film.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

Ghosts of Mars. made my eyes bleed and my sunflower to wilt and die :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

any of segal's films they are all generally quite poor.
    but i think spice girls the movie is a bit too terrible

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,510 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Originally posted by Agent Orange
    Schindler's List.

An unfunnier film you will not find!

pfft
    I suppose you hate Shawshank Redemption aswell yeah?

Advertisement