Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sick of this crappy cap ...

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

meh i'm real happy with the service from eircom, pings are great, no down time etc.

haven't had the balls to go majorally over the cap though i accidentally did it by half a gig or so a while back apparently.

data

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭IDM

Originally posted by Dustaz
    Im fascinated by this.

There are people who are going to leave the eircom dsl service because of the cap?

(People who are on eircom dsl. People who know exactly how much is actually charged for exceeding the cap)

Actually that's not quite true, now is it ? As many people have already posted, Eircom hasn't begun charging & who knows when they will ? At the moment it seems like they're just using scare tactics ? But obviously there are some who aren't willing to take risks that could lead to a monetary penalty.

And why have you resorted to insults now ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

Since i got Eircom broadband almost 2 years ago, It's only been down once for longer than an hour once in that time. Download speeds are always a constant 40-50, and ive never been charged for going over my cap. All in all, It's a great service and I can't complain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Mutant_Fruit

Originally posted by Dustaz
    Im fascinated by this.

There are people who are going to leave the eircom dsl service because of the cap?

(People who are on eircom dsl. People who know exactly how much is actually charged for exceeding the cap)

I find that mind bogglingly stupid.

Please go back to america, You are lowering the national collective intelligence.

Hold on a minute there! Just because Eircom havn't charged yet, doesn't mean that they won't charge tomorrow, but they might never charge. Who knows?

IOL are cheaper than Eircom, which is reason enough to change, and the double-sized cap is more of a reason. Why live under the threat of getting charged for going over, when you can get a cheaper service, with a much bigger cap?

I don't think this calls for insult hurling...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭The Apprentice

IOL are cheaper than Eircom, which is reason enough to change, and the double-sized cap is more of a reason. Why live under the threat of getting charged for going over, when you can get a cheaper service, with a much bigger cap?

Hear Hear... Whats best for the consumer i say..
    **** eircom and there ****e 4 gig download.. it was in my area for 8 months before i signed up with chorus.. wouldnt even enter the thought of having bb with a 4 gig download cap.. CRAP>> Ive plenty of friends relations in uk and this PISS take i used to endure when i used to tell them i had 56k with an option to upgrade to 512bb with a 4 gig cap.. FOR the same price they used to pay for 2mb with FULL PIPE>> BAWLS>>

I finally had to get the bb as it was so cheap at 35 bricks and Low and behold.. God shone some light on me... UNLIMITED download so far.. touch wood
    Im well chuffed cant praise it enuff

Ohh and another final comment the abuse hurling is a bit childish really..

At the end of the day.. there holding a noose over the heads of all the eircom bb users which i think is Wrong !!

And u ask why we should move on..
    ???

.... goes home hangs up the boots and sighs :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭IDM

Thanks for the backup Mutant & Apprentice.

It's true that the lack of down-time & good pings are nice but should we really be happy with what we've got ?

Many would say "don't fix it if it ain't broke" but look at the UK ... Telewest & NTL weren't crap but they both just upgraded their speeds free of charge !

Same thing is happening in the states. I've got DSL back there. Speed went from 640 --> 728 and the price actually dropped ! When I head back this summer am probably going to switch to cable because you can get a 3mbit uncapped line for 35 euro! The greatest thing is, they've only recently upgraded to 3 mbit yet they're already under pressure from competitors to upgrade to 6mbit !! Now that's what good competition does. I bet you that if NTL had even 75% coverage in Ireland that we'd be paying 35 euro a month for a 1mbit Eircom dsl line, by now.

Just my 2 cents. Please no anti-American insults :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

Am I the only person on here who's staying with Eircom for the foreseeable future ? I mean, great pings, and excellent service as far as uptime is concerned. Fair enough 8 gig cap, but come on, no one's been charged yet. I may reconsider my position when/if they do start charging, but until then I'm staying with their rDSL service.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,940 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

im staying for the moment, got another 9 months on my contract anyway, gonna wait and see what happens between now and then, maybe eircom will increase the cap again hopefully by then to sommet decent, if so then i'll stay with them.

Advertisement