Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

my life is over !

Options
  • 07-05-2004 11:15am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭

today i was to sit my second last exam so i studdied till 2.30am went to sleep putting on the "ALARM" so i went off to sleep, 9.00am exams starting slept it out by 9.45 ran down crying nearly, i need to pass all my exams to get into cit now i missed 1 exam an now my life is over.
    so i was into the outside the exam hall nearly crying my life is now a wreck ! :( why me, what have i done? im in st johns college and now that was 1 of chances to get into cit.

:( then i smashed my clock into pieces "as u do" cutting my hand and bleeding all over the carpet :rolleyes: i dunno why

Do u think my life is over............ ?:(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Johnny Versace

Damn, that sucks.

Can you not repeat?

Did you manage to answer any of the questions? As in, maybe you scraped a pass?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭LastIrishMonkey

No cant repeat just that exam ud have to do the lot again.

i was allowed near the exam room they cant let anyone in after 30mins :(

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Your life is over? Don't be so melodramatic.

It seems **** now. More options will present themseves.

Maybe subconsciously you knew that you didn't want to go to CIT, and so slept it out. I know I could barely sleep before any exams, let alone sleep it out.
    Repeat the exam(s), re-evaluate your options. One missed course in one college isn't going to make a significant difference in the whole scheme of things, if there is something that you really want to do.

Go out and get locked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Johnny Versace

Originally posted by LastIrishMonkey
    No cant repeat just that exam ud have to do the lot again.

i was allowed near the exam room they cant let anyone in after 30mins :(

Hmmmm. My advice to you would be to take the lot again. In the long term it's better to lose a year and keep your life on track, then to quit college/whatever now and regret it in the future.

melodramatic....................... maybe i could take up acting ;) .

anyways i just rang my teacher and he said hes putting my name forward to cit for a place weather i get it or not depends on if people drop out or a interview :cool: so i pray to god i get in ................. !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭strawberry

Ouch.

That really sucks but if it was that important, surely repeating the year would be an option?

Also, before you die of a stress attack, perhaps you should go to talk to a tutor or someone like that and see if they can help you? It's possible that they might be able to make an exception. I'd say do your last exam just in case.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

anyways i just rang my teacher and he said hes putting my name forward to cit for a place weather i get it or not depends on if people drop out or a interview :cool: so i pray to god i get in ................. !
    You see?
    More options will present themseves.
    :) Bet that's made your whole day now.

Got out and get locked :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

Sorry for a dumb question buts whats CIT?

Cork IT

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

What course were you going to do?

I repeated my leaving and got the course I wanted the 2nd time I did. Both times I had the grades, but the first time I failed the interview, the second time I passed. Now a "few" years later I wished I done another course in another college, or even just worked instead of going to college. Though I had a good time in college, I'm not convinced it was a good career move. I've never worked at anything related to my degree.

Your young enough to do anything you want to do in life and take a few atempts doing it. Don't stress it. I have a friend that became an airlane pilot after about 5 years of trying, and about 4 attempts at the interviews. How determined you are says a lot about your character.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

It`ll be ok, a bit of Vanish will sort that carpet out, good as new after 30mins as well

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Originally posted by bazH
    It`ll be ok, a bit of Vanish will sort that carpet out, good as new after 30mins as well

I'd have to agree, its not the end of the world just because you got some blood on the carpet

Oh and the college thing...ya shouldn't have stayed up so late

• Registered Users Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭blondie83

Ah you poor thing, I'm always terrified that that will happen, cos I generally sleep through my alarm if I'm really tired! I hope you get the course though, if your teacher is putting your name forward for it anyway thats a good sign:cool:

Originally posted by RicardoSmith
    What course were you going to do?

Computer Networking and Programming and i was doing so well also i so i thought..........:(

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭beardedchicken

in first year, i missed my last exam that would have determined whether or not i got to continue my psychology course, by four days (i misread the timetable - i was going on provisional dates, not final dates). i was in bits afterwards, and i, too, thought that my life was over. at the time, i thought that psychology was what i really really wanted to do, so i was really upset, but i just dusted myself off and continued with my other subjects. i'm sitting my finals at the moment, and as it turned out, i absolutely love what i'm doing, because i gave it half a chance, and made myself be interested in it, and now i'm actually doing really well.

so, it's not the end of the world, there are a million and one back-routes into whatever course you want, you just need to find them and want them enough

(edit) and about the carpet - buy a nice rug! (edit)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭Seraphina

four days?
    **** you sure know how to miss an exam! :p

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Computer Networking and Programming and i was doing so well also i so i thought..........:(

good course :) i graduate this year!

Advertisement