Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My Morning Jacket announce Irish Tour for June

Options
  • 07-05-2004 1:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 764 ✭✭✭

MY MORNING JACKET, Irish Tour June ‘04
    June 28th - Belfast – The Limelight.
    June 29th - Dublin – The Village.
    June 30th - Cork - Half Moon Theatre.

After releasing one of the albums of 2003 in 'It Still Moves' and an appearance with Beck and The Thrills at The Point in Dublin last August, MY MORNING JACKET have just confirmed a full Irish Tour for next month, kicking off at The Limelight in Belfast on June 28th.

'It Still Moves' is My Morning Jacket’s third album and features the legendary Memphis Horns - famous for giving a little soul to the likes of Elvis and BB King. The Memphis Horns have also previously teamed up with Roy Orbison and Primal Scream.

My Morning Jacket also spent part of 2003 on the road alongside Arthur Lee on his ‘Forever Changes Tour’.

"The album sounds fantastic. Recorded on a farm owned by Quaid's grandparents - inside a garage studio configured by veteran producer Niko Balas - it is lively and convivial, with James' pinched vocals cutting through gritty knots of guitars with uncommon clarity. The twinkle in his voice brings an intimacy to 'It Still Moves' that's not expected from such a grand record." - Time Out.

"The Kentucky quintet have traveled far from their days of band practices in Grandpa's grain silo, to brighten our winters with a dose of southern charm you can't normally get without the aid of an intravenous J-D drip. So embrace them" - NME.

"With sky-high ambition, they (My Morning Jacket) charge like Crazy Horse and chug like Creedence while in quiter moments, Neil Young-like singer Jim James sounded elegiac, heartbreaking and impassioned" - Uncut.

"A sophisticated beast, filtering rootsy Americana through eerie new-wave textures. It's like hearing an old story retold in a sparkling new language. Songwriter Jim James is not Neil Young's only vocal disciple, but he has an ear for a pop melody, rural mystery. It Still Moves - their most poetic balancing act of leftfield and mainstream yet - suggests a grand legacy is already under construction." - Q.

"It seems that growing up in middle America had a strong effect on the members of My Morning Jacket. With their third album, 'It Still Loves', the band document a certain and sound of classic Americana" - Mojo.

www.mymorningjacket.com

- DISCOGRAPHY:
    The Tennessee Fire (Darla 1999)
    At Dawn (Darla 2001)
    It Still Moves (RCA 2003)

Tickets for My Morning Jacket at The Village are €18 (inc. booking fee) and go on sale Monday from Road Records, Soundcellar, Ticketmaster and usual outlets nationwide. Tickets for The Limelight and The Half Moon are on sale from the venues.

Comments

Advertisement