Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Turkey Farmer

• 07-05-2004 2:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭

An Irish turkey farmer comes up with a sure fire business plan for selling frozen turkeys. He is so excited that he is onto something big that he builds several massive cold store warehouses and packs them with millions of frozen turkeys. Then he sets about putting his plan into action.

He grabs a cheap flight over to Rome and makes his way to the Vatican. After several days of hanging around the Vatican, he finally gets close enough to the Pope to whisper his proposal in his ear...

"Psst! Mr Pope! How would you like a million Euro?" The Pope replies "I'm all ears, son." The farmer begins outlining his plan, "Here's what I want you to do, for a million Euro. You know that bit of that prayer that says 'give us this day our daily bread?' Well, I was wondering if you would mind changing it to 'give us this day our daily turkey!'"

The Pope is outraged, and exclaims that he could never do such a thing. The turkey farmer is distressed, thinking about all that investment in those millions of frozen turkeys back in Ireland. He knows he can't give up that easily so the next day he tries the Pope again.

"Ok, look, I'm in a bad way here, Mr Pope. I really need to change the 'give us day our daily bread' bit to 'give us this day our daily turkey'. I'll offer 5 million Euro to you! In cash! Right here!" The Pope looks at the cash and thinks for a moment. "It's a very good offer my son, but there would just be too much paperwork involved, and it's not worth it, sorry."

The next day, in an act of desperation the turkey farmer comes back with his final offer to the Pope. "Ok, look, I have millions of frozen turkeys at home that I need to shift, and I'm desperate. My final offer is 10 million Euro in cash, and a million every year for the next 10 years. How about it? Cmon, it's just one little word! Change 'daily bread' to 'daily turkey' and the cash is yours!" The Pope contemplates this offer and then shakes the farmer's hand, "You have a deal, my son!"

Later that evening the Pope is sitting with his council of advisors. "Council, I have good news and bad news. The good news is I have negotiated a new contract for 10 million up front and 1 million every year for the next 10 years." The council are impressed, and nod enthusiatically in approval. The Pope continues, "The bad news..........

:D

"The bad news is that we've lost the Pat the Baker contract!"

Comments

Advertisement