Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Celtic to Buy Rivaldo?

• 07-05-2004 2:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭

Any thoughts. I'm not sure of his history. Was he uncooperative at Barce? Why did he not get a game?
    Celtic manager Martin O'Neill has revealed his interest in signing former Brazilian international Rivaldo. The 32-year-old has been in talks with Bolton about a possible move to the Premiership this summer, but O'Neill has now revealed that he is also interested in the player. "Like anything else, we'd prefer to keep these things quiet, but the truth is, when somebody like Rivaldo becomes available, you have got to be interested," the Celtic manager said. "I wouldn't want to be giving any bookmakers' odds and it might be a move of great difficulty, but he is a class player that we would be looking to buy."

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

He said he doesn't want to play in Scotland and if he did it would be to Rangers because they're a better team.:D Shows how much he knows.

Mighty_Mouse, he was very good at Barca and moved to Milan where he wasn't in the managers books. His contract was terminated in January and he moved to Cruziero but their manager was sacked so he left as a mark of respect. He's currently looking for a team and Bolton are odds on to get him, He won't come to Celtic.

http://www.gla.ac.uk/~cmc1z/fantasy_celts/fantasy_celts_05/rivaldo_01.jpg
    :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Who said Scottish football is going downhill: Rangers in talks with Prso. As much as I hate them, I hope they get him for a bit of competition.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Bannor

The reason he didn't get his game for Milan is because of his knees. While at Barcelona he suffered several knee injuries. At the time he insisted on playing on with the injuries when medical treatment and operations were required. In his final season with Barcelona he needed to take pain killing injections in his knees in order to play or train. Milan signed him on the understanding that he was going to have an operation to sort the problem out but it meant he would have missed 3-6 months of the season. When the time came, Rivaldo decided he knew best and wouldn't have the operation because there was no guarantee of success due to the amount of damage sustained over the years. The Milan manager refused to play him as a result.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

He can be _very_ stubborn guy. Most of the hassle he had with vanGaal at Barca revolved around his assertation that he would only play as a striker. I'm also sure at Milan Berlusconi's preference for Inzaghi and Shevchenko together up front.

Bannor is right about his knees and he effectively burned himself out by going from season to season to season without a proper break to recover by playing in the World Cup and the Copa America in off season.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭paddyduff

lets be serious... if the guy turns up in a wheelchair in scotland, he'll still annihilate the scottish premier... he'll go some way to helping the celtic faithful forget the miller departure!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,981 ✭✭✭Big Ears

Rivaldo/agent : I am very flattered by the interest from Celtic and if I went there I would be playing in the champions league , but at the moment Bolton is still my priority .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 635 ✭✭✭johnor

I read a quote to the oposite the other day, something like I am considering Bolton strongly but if an offer came in from Celtic, That would be my preferance. Very tought to call who's going where before you see them holding a jeresy shaking a managers hand these days

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Jivin Turkey

Originally posted by paddyduff
    lets be serious... if the guy turns up in a wheelchair in scotland

Lol, so true!

I asked the question when Bolton revealed their interest in him that why didnt celtic want him? You'd wonder why he would want to go to Bolton over Celtic. Sure he only has another season or so on his clock, may as well play in a crap league, destroy it, while also getting some sort of european run together than play for Bolton.

Advertisement