Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tips on nokia 3510i

Options
  • 07-05-2004 2:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭

I accidently dropped it into the bath the other and within a second i had it out of it and then took it apart, dryed it and put it in the hot press for the night. The next day it worked fine except for the fact that around the edges of the screen you can see dampness but it's not warping the screen or anything. Any advice ( bar the DONT DROP IT INTO THE TUB bit) on what i can do to prolong the phones life and how bad does it affect the make of phone. I really just want the phone to last me 6-8 months and then i doin't care what happens to it

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Boro

Take it on holiday somewhere hot and warm. I hear sea air is great for clearing the damp out of lungs too. Dont want your phone to develop some kind of evil moss disease.

Microwave it for a bit? :)

The advice expressed above shouldnt really be followed by anyone

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭davkav

For any one that this happens to, The very first thing you do is to remove the battery. The impurities in the water will let the current travel to places its not meant to go. Still it in the hot press and let it dry.

Your phone should be fine though. If it stops working, heres something i tried that I saw on nokiafree.org

1. Remove battery and screen and give the phone a bath in some organic solvent ( petrol, white spirits etc). Scrub it in the bath with a tooth brush.

2. leave it on the ground with the metal shielding facing down and leave a hair dryer on full power beside it. Leave it about 10 minutes to dry.

Reattach screen, battery and cover and all should be hunky dorey! The following should only be tried when it needs to be done.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭Linoge

Originally posted by davkav

1. Remove battery and screen and give the phone a bath in some organic solvent ( petrol, white spirits etc). Scrub it in the bath with a tooth brush.

[/B]

FFS petrol????? I hope you didn't take this advice, petrol will literally melt any plastic on your phone (not to mention leave it smelling forever). I'd say white spirits would have a very similar effect. The only home solvent to be used on plastic or electronics is alcohol. It doesn't melt anything (but my heart when lovely JD comes to town.... ahem) and it dries very quickly.

The hairdryer thing is a bit dodgy too. Not that it will harm the phone but it may not remove all the moisture which is an absolute must. By all means use it, but I'd also let it dry on a radiator for a full day.

So Dave, how many phones have you cleaned recently? I hope they were made of carbon fibre:eek:

Advertisement