Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ethernet cabling question?

Options
  • 07-05-2004 3:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭

so i've spent the last 45mins-1hr tacking the ethernet cable into place to my room only to find that i've come up about a metre short. I have another ethernet cable(the yellow one that comes with the eircom bb modem) and what i'm wondering is, is there a connection to connect together the 2 cables so i can connect the yellow ethernet cable to the one i have in place so it will reach that metre i'm short?? thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Johnny Versace

You mean an "ethernet repeater"?

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭BlueDrax

Do you mean an RJ45 Coupler?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

you could batter something together with parts from an ethernet wall socket + krone tool (http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.asp?sku=120281&cks=SER), but that would be a pain in the ass if you're not familiar with cat5 wiring.

I dunno if there are simple adaptors available for this like there are for rj11 phone connections.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

bluedrax posted while i was typing... his method is far better :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

Originally posted by BlueDrax
    Do you mean an RJ45 Coupler?

so this will work for connecting the too ethernet cables(RJ45 connections) together. Sweet, thanks bluedrax

• Advertisement
Advertisement