Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

help On Grundig

Options
  • 07-05-2004 4:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭

Need help. Have an old (well 5 years old) Grundig portable and need to replace the remote control. A Universal one is no good to me because the Grundig remote contains all the functions needed for tuning the TV in etc etc.

I've tried a few of the TV/Electronics stores in Dublin and they all say 'We don't do Grundig - they've gone bust anyway - and we never did so we don't know how to help you'

Anyone know any place in Dublin that might be able to source a Grundig Remote Control?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

Is the damage to the existing remotes physical or did it just stop functioning ? I may be able to repair it for you if that suits !

ZENER

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭eoinf

alliance electric in georges st in dublin they sell the "one for all" universal remotes get a urc7010 i think thats the number it does all the functions that the original does like tuneing,brightness,contrast ect which were done the "i" button from the original.If you happen to have an odd ball grundig t.v the rometes can be updated by ringing a local number in the manual the updates are free of charge.I have a ten year old 28" remote and had a philex remote which was perfect but soemtimes muted the tv just by changing the channel but i now have a oneforall remote and it does the job. The philex remotes are next to impossible to get

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

I have a ten year old 28" remote

Wow you must have a right arm like a tree trunk !!:D

The offer to repair the original - if possible - still stands mate !!

ZEN

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,123 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

http://www.donberg.ie/warehs/grouprg.htm

Massive list of Grundig remotes and prices...

And I'd have thought shops would have sold some UNI branded remote controls.

The "UNI 10" works main features of Grundig/Blaupunkt remotes including the i and OK buttons. These would cost no more than €25.
    http://www.donberg.ie/descript/u/uni10.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭Hairy Homer

Originally posted by ZENER
    Wow you must have a right arm like a tree trunk !!:D

The offer to repair the original - if possible - still stands mate !!

ZEN

That's most kind. I actually have the original and it works but it's held together by masking tape and crossed fingers and I really want to get another as a backup. Especially as Grundig doesn't seem to exist any more and their parts will probably become as rare as hen's teeth in the near future.

Thanks to everyone for their feedback. I visited the Donberg website and they have the part I want.

Cheers!!!

• Advertisement

Part arrived from Donberg today and it WORKS. Truly I am as happy as a pig in dung.

Thanks to everyone for their suggestions.

HH

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,123 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Glad to hear ya got sorted out! Did you go for the UNI 10 I suggested or an original?

I played safe and got the original. I've had bad experiences trying to purchase supposedly generic electronics products remotely. Don't mention RAM to me.

BTW, I'm intrigued to find a company that appears to be run and staffed by Germans operating out of the school master's house in Rannafast. I spent some time at Irish college there during my youth (fado fado) and it was the strictest place in the Donegal Gaeltacht regarding the speaking of English. If they caught you talking Bearla, they sent you home.

Wonder how Donberg get away with it. :-)

Advertisement