Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mind Reader Game

• 07-05-2004 4:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 590 ✭✭✭

Seriously, check this out.

It's freaky. Gets me every time.

http://www.addictinggames.com/mindreader.html

I'll let people try figure it out for a while, then I'll tell you how it's done....unless you already know.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭davej

oldest trick in the book (well one of the oldest)

The symbols/numbers change each time you load it up so that the calculation you are required to do always results in the same symbol...

This is a variant of an old card trick

davej

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

It got me 2times, then I picked 0 and it didnt get me...

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Tazzle

Cause it has to be a 2 digit number to work, loel. It's quite straight forward how it's done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 819 ✭✭✭sixpack's little hat

(10x + y) - ( x + y ) = 9x

answer will always be divisible by 9

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Knew it was to good to be true :)

Also what about this one.

Pick a 4 digit number, however the last number must be smaller than the first (eg: 7331), now reverse that (so you'd get 1337), now subtract the smaller number from the larger number (if you've been following example you'd get 5994), now add each of the numbers in your answer (5+9+9+4) and now whatever total you get for this (in this case 27), add those two numbers (7+2) and you'll get 9!

Try it with more numbers.... you'll always get the same :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 358 ✭✭Philbert

Originally posted by davej
    This is a variant of an old card trick

davej

Is this what you're talking about?

Advertisement