Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help meh

Options
  • 07-05-2004 6:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭

Yo

My geforce 5900 lx failed a while back and i had to return it to overclockers thankfuly there willing to replace it ....They no longer stock the lx and want to offer me a refund or a different card of the same price as the card i bought of them (142 englanders pound) so i want to get a Radion 9800 pro from powercolor 128meg (121 english pound)

They a good company ? i think datasigod has one and never has a bad word to say about them but i just want some advice from the fine people (kiss kiss) here before i send off the email begging for a 9800 pro iv been stuck with a 5200 fx for weeks it feels like my pc has one of its arms missing with that card in it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭neokenzo

Reading from Rage3D forums, most of the Powercolor owners seems to be happy with their card. Also, apparently the modded Powercolor "XT" for 128MB seems to be the best and fastest. Besides, at £121, you cant go wrong :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Ya well my card including vat shipping bla bla cost nearly 200 pound the Pro will cost 160 pound.....so the basturds are makeing money off me :dunno:

Surely your getting the difference refunded?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

From what i've read...the dif companies' 9800pros are all pretty much identical. Think they are all made in the same factory in china...I just got the sapphire 9800pro from Overclockers after the oem weekly special one i received came with borked memory. Both were identical to me.

Get yourself a vga silencer as well and you're laughing.

p

We will see ...I just got a 2 line email saying the Lx isnt in stock so if i want a refund or pick a different card for the same price.....Im sure they will refund the differnce

• Advertisement

Originally posted by pekelly
    [BGet yourself a vga silencer as well and you're laughing.

p [/B]

Ever seen a Lx ? its got 2 HUGE fans and a massive heatsink if i can live though that hover i can live with the pro

hope they go for it anyway pro will be a step up again :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

Originally posted by bizmark
    Ya well my card including vat shipping bla bla cost nearly 200 pound the Pro will cost 160 pound.....so the basturds are makeing money off me :dunno:

I talked to a Dave Hardy and he made sure that i wouldn't have to pay shipping on the replacement card....

Found their customer service to be excellent once i got off hold for 15mins

EDIT: Basically they refund your last order to your card and then charge your card the new order....
    p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,754 ✭✭✭Col_Loki

The overclockability of the cards is pretty random TBH. Powercolor arent bad ive the 9700pro , the core overclocks very well but the crappy hynix memory doesent do much. Date has the samsung memory and its a flyer.

Its a nice swap for the 5900 ........... cant go too far wrong ;120 . Mabye get a cooler for it aswell to make up the difference?

I agree. Overclocking cards are like overclocking anything else. It varies from system to system.
    I have the hynix memory on my card and I must say that it doesnt overclock well. Having said that, I didnt use AS5. I just used the goo that came with Artic cooling. Probably with AS5 and some ram sink I would be able to pushed it further. However, some ppl are reporting that they could overclock more with the Hynix memory than the Samsungs. But then again, it also depends what core you have too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

yeap i have the powercolour with samsung ram, i found the limit of the card around
    452/392 but i run it at stock

http://service.futuremark.com/servlet/Index?pageid=/orb/projectdetails&projectType=10

/me boasts about my 3dmark

anywho apart from me officially thinking that bizmark should keep the credit with overclockers for now and see what happens with the prices on the card he wants a card now so the 9800pro is the way to go.

with the spare cash i recommended him a lite on cd burner which is only 30euro which a fairly phenomenal price imo pity about overclockers relatively expensive delivery

• Advertisement
Advertisement