Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

car valets?

Options
  • 07-05-2004 6:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭

anyone know a good one in the cork city area? the mother wants to get her car done properly so i'd said as ask ye lot, ye seem to know stuff like this. she's quite willing to spend a chunk of money on this but wants it back to pretty much showroom standard inside

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,703 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

i'll ask my dad when he gets back. most of the valeters around teh place are lazy monkeys who do a half arsed job.

i can show you how to do a superfantastic job on it if you want, only trouble is you;ll have to do most of it yourself, i get a little bored and i'm fairly crap at cleaning, though i'm fantastic at the theory of teh whole thing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭the evil belly

a come on triona! if i could be arsed cleaning it meself i wouldn't be looking for a valet would i?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,703 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

well, you know what they say.... if you want something done...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

I got mine done in that one in the Grand Parade car park last week. I got the cheapest option and was very happy with it. Parked the car, went to the cinema and came back to a shiny new-feeling car. The basic package is €37 to clean the outside (wash, wax, tyres, etc.), the inside (windows, carpets, dash, boot, etc.) and spray some stuff inside to make it smell nice. They go all the way up to over €200 which includes shampooing the carpets afaik.

One thing that was weird was the lack of security. I walked up, said : "That's my car there", paid my money and collected the keys.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,381 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Originally posted by Blitzkrieger
    The basic package is €37 to clean the outside (wash, wax, tyres, etc.), the inside (windows, carpets, dash, boot, etc.) and spray some stuff inside to make it smell nice.

Sounds like good value to me :)

Anyone know a good one in Dublin?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭the evil belly

cheers blitzkrieger will tell her about that place. be handy cos i'd be in town pretty often.

unkel check out any of the multistory car parks in dublin and you'll find one sooner or later. i've seen em in a few places but i can't remember which ones, sorry

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Originally posted by unkel
    Sounds like good value to me :)

Anyone know a good one in Dublin?

Ahh jeez man, ya made a mess of it already??? :)

Your best bet is to find a mate works in a company based in a private office building
    that have underground car parking as a lot of them have resident valet companies
    and you're guaranteed to get a good job done as they have a reputation to uphold
    and word would spread fairly fast if they didnt..

I know a few in Sandyford have them and the charge a little above the odds, approx
    €300 for the works but the car is spotless when finished.

Tox

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭daveg

When I bought my car (second hand) last year it was in shít, even after the valet. I spent 20 Euro in the car shop on shampoo and stuff. I got a bucket of warm water and a sponge and spent an afternoon at it. Car was like new afterwards. No point in paying someone else to do it imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,381 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Originally posted by ToxicPaddy
    Ahh jeez man, ya made a mess of it already??? :)

LOL, not just yet :)

Just thought if someone would do a neat job for €35, I could have that done every few months and do quick cleans myself in between
    Originally posted by ToxicPaddy
    approx €300 for the works but the car is spotless when finished.

:eek: wouldn't even spend that if the day ever comes the car will go for sale ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭VeVeX

There a valet place in the Liffy Valley Motor mall.

Charged me €85 for the entire car, that included - Wash, Tar Removal, Wax & Windows. A interior Hoover & Shampoo'd Seats, Carpets, Roof liner & Door cards/trim.

Very reasonable price and a good job done. The killer was I got a completly new interior (differant colour) 2 weeks later.

• Advertisement
Advertisement