Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quick nokia Ngage and bluetooth question

Options
  • 07-05-2004 7:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,462 ✭✭✭

Hi guys bought one of the 99 euro ngages today Im having trouble with bluetooth, everything is ok with he connection, thats up and running fine, i was just trying to transfer an MP3 file from my desktop computer to the NGAGE VIa bluetooth, now all i did was right click on the file and said send it to my bluetooth device, connection was made it started copying the file accross everything was going swimmingly until the ngage said that it was out of memory and the download aborted.

Ive figured out that its copying the file to the phone memory, but theres also a 30 meg memory card there as well

So can someone tell me is this the wrong way to do it or how do i get the Bluetooth device to recognise theres more memory there than just the 3 meg of phone memory

Any help would be appreciated, the bluetooth device i have is a belkin one by the way

Shin

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭wolfman

From what I understand, that's why the cable is supplied with it.

The cable is used to transfer mp3's onto the card. Bit of a pain having to use both methods though??? Maybe I'm wrong, but I have a feeling this is the setup

• Registered Users Posts: 5,462 ✭✭✭shinzon

Originally posted by wolfman
    From what I understand, that's why the cable is supplied with it.

The cable is used to transfer mp3's onto the card. Bit of a pain having to use both methods though??? Maybe I'm wrong, but I have a feeling this is the setup

and you would be right wolfman lol, just tried it and it worked and your right it is a pain

shin

• Registered Users Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

The BT is intended for phone to phone connections and for synching contacts and messages etc. with the Nokia suite software on your PC. Unless I'm mistaken, BT is waaaaay slower than USB for transferring any decent amount of data. Better off using the cable to fill the card.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭wolfman

Originally posted by shinzon
    and you would be right wolfman

Glad to be of SOME help!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭daveJAM

Unfortunately when you send something to it with bluetooth it ends up in the inbox. So it would have to be on the phone memory.

• Advertisement
Advertisement