Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is John Kerry Good Enough to Win?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭IDM

I know what you mean, but I'd say that a good part of that 50% WILL vote in November. Again, not because they like Kerry, because most don't, but because I reckon that the average voter in that group will feel guilty if they don't go out and vote this time around.

It's going to be a vote to oust Bush rather than elect Kerry.

Come on ... (as I posted before ...):

www.johnkerryisadouchebagbutimvotingforhimanyway.com

• Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

Originally posted by Lennoxschips
    Most Democratic voters would prefer Dean but thought Kerry was more "electable." It's an odd situation, they picked a candidate that they think will appeal to the middle ground, and thus also moderate Republicans.

OK. I see more clearly what you mean now, and I'd mostly agree. I don't think its a choice to appeal to moderate Republicans, but rather a choice that they hope will appeal to the approximately 20% of the voting population who actually decide an election - those without strong party allegience.

I'd readily agree that I think that Dean/Edwards would make a strong Presidency, but I honestly do not think they had the "marketability" to sell to those who will ultimately make the decision.

Its for this reason that I disagree with teh sentiment that they would be unbeatable. They may have formed the most competent Democratic team, but they almost deifnitely did not form the most electable Democratic team, which is the issue.

jc

Advertisement